Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   WSOP horrible play. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377924)

11-14-2005 01:14 AM

WSOP horrible play.

Anyone else see the rediculous decisions Tiffany Williamson made in the late stages of the WSOP? One was a call she made against Raymer. I can't remember the posisions but Tiffany reraised with AJ, Greg reraises her reraise allin with KK. I think Greg actually made a few tells giving away the strength of his hand but I could be overanalysing. When she asks what his total chips is, he says "altogether i ONLY have 1.3 million chips". IMO only kinda hints to his subconscious desire to be called. Also, he leans back in his chair and crosses his arms, a common tell that he has a good hand. Aside from this AJ is a crappy hand when your reraised allin and should be put down immediately unless you have a good read on your opponent. So anyway she nicely doubles up Raymer. Later on she pushes a raise with A7 and wins against QQ. Two horrible plays. But anyway I'd like to see everyone's comments on mainly if I was looking too deep into what I thought were tells that Raymer was giving off and also comments on whether the AJ laydown is as nobrainer as I believe it is.

11-14-2005 01:19 AM

Re: WSOP horrible play.

There is a WPT, etc. forum where this belongs. There have been many Williamson discussion threads there.

11-14-2005 01:22 AM

whoops, sorry, that is quite true, new to the forums...my appologies

11-14-2005 02:15 AM

Yawn, heard it all before. Use the search function.

Noodles 11-14-2005 02:30 AM

she was only playing poker for 7 months,she probably got to 15th position from constantly reraising pre flop and getting weakos to fold,
she is a prime example of how a lot of agression is good in no limit holdem.

i think people are jealous and of her success.

i say to her "well done"

slickpoppa 11-14-2005 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
she was only playing poker for 7 months,she probably got to 15th position from constantly reraising pre flop and getting weakos to fold,
she is a prime example of how a lot of agression is good in no limit holdem.

i think people are jealous and of her success.

i say to her "well done"

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you see her take 10 minutes to fold KJ against a huge preflop all-in? Either:
a) she's an idiot for even considering calling
b) she's a bitch for taking forever to fold a hand she knew she was going to fold

11-14-2005 04:40 AM

She's not a great poker player.

It's kind of disturbing how people take it as a personal affront to them that she isn't a great poker player. She seems to be a nice person, and congratulations to her on her success.

Kaeser 11-14-2005 04:52 AM

I doubt she's even a good poker play but she definetly played the best way to give her a chance at a high finish. She certainly can't hope to outplay the pro's on the flop so being extremely aggressive pre-flop was her only real shot.

I'm not sure why everyone here is so pissed that she took a long time folding. If anyone had wanted to at the table they could have put a clock on her.

MikeSmith 11-14-2005 10:36 AM

Why do people continue to post on this, its been drivin into the ground to the point where i almost like her. search this topic before posting you will find 10 other guys that posted the exact same thing.

11-14-2005 12:49 PM

This is OLD news, and I think Raymer WANTED her to know he had a monster, after being privy to her propensity to call with inferior hands.

If she has Ace-ANYTHING Raymer wants a fold there. There was a lot of $$$ already in the pot.

He deliberately let her know he was strong, IMO. A good play IMO.