Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   2 hands (2=4) Opinions of how I played them. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=367401)

pkrPlayerBr 10-28-2005 05:02 PM

2 hands (2=4) Opinions of how I played them.

Hi everyone,

I am posting two hands, one which I won and another that I lost. They both led to huge pots and in both I had minimum information, either because the player had just set on the table or I was the one just sitting on the table.

The first hand where I won, I had Aces and the player who I went heads up had sat down on the table with $40 (the min.) I normally give little respect to these players, although I am not sure if I should do this. Anyways, I went with my instincts. Here is the hand:

FullTiltPoker Game #265513816: Table Camino Eldorado - $2/$4 - Limit Hold'em - 21:45:07 ET - 2005/10/25
Seat 1: CurlingZone ($84)
Seat 2: Hero ($174)
Seat 3: YouLuvMyNutz ($113)
Seat 4: SpaZZiLLa ($36)
Seat 5: TCGRO ($63)
Seat 6: bladedoc ($112)
Seat 7: RedCardDaddy ($100)
Seat 8: tbxterra ($73)
CurlingZone posts the small blind of $1
Hero posts the big blind of $2
The button is in seat #8

Holecards:
Dealt to Hero [Ad Ac]
junkman31 sits down
YouLuvMyNutz folds
YouLuvMyNutz stands up
junkman31 adds $20
SpaZZiLLa raises to $4
TCGRO folds
bladedoc folds
RedCardDaddy folds
tbxterra folds
CurlingZone folds
Hero raises to $6
TheHebHammer sits down
SpaZZiLLa calls $2

Flop:
[2d Kh 8s]
TheHebHammer adds $40
Hero bets $2
SpaZZiLLa raises to $4
Hero raises to $6
SpaZZiLLa raises to $8
Hero calls $2

Turn:
[2d Kh 8s] [3h]
Hero bets $4
SpaZZiLLa raises to $8
Hero calls $4

River:
[2d Kh 8s 3h] [7d]
Hero checks
SpaZZiLLa bets $4
Hero raises to $8
SpaZZiLLa raises to $12
Hero raises to $16
SpaZZiLLa calls $2, and is all in
Uncalled bet of $2 returned to Hero

Showdown:
Hero shows [Ad Ac] (a pair of Aces)
SpaZZiLLa mucks
Hero wins the pot ($70) with a pair of Aces
SpaZZiLLa is sitting out

SUMMARY:
Total pot $73 | Rake $3
Board:
[2d Kh 8s 3h 7d]
Seat 1: CurlingZone (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 2: Hero (big blind) showed [Ad Ac] and won ($70) with a pair of Aces
Seat 3: YouLuvMyNutz didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: SpaZZiLLa mucked [Kc Qh] - a pair of Kings
Seat 5: TCGRO didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: bladedoc didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: RedCardDaddy didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: tbxterra (button) didn't bet (folded)

I made a few unconventional plays, such as checking the river to 4 bet it later. But I really tagged this player as a fish, and I thought he was overplaying AK or KQ. My read (guess) was correct. He could have had a set and burned me. So I definetely feel like I might have overplayed a bit.

I would like to know opinions on how I played this hand.

2. The second hand was my first hand as I sat on this table. I had tracked about 11 hands from this previous player and he was had seen about 3 flops. So no real read.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (17.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21.25 BB

I didn't realize the converter didnt' put the results... The villain had Qh8h and won that huge pot. I was amazed, but he was certainly tagged.

I didn't really understand the third bet after the raise from the button. I put him on either AK or AA or KK. After the flop I really didn't put him on a draw. On the turn, I felt like I had him beat and he was overplaying his overpairs. In any case, you saw the results... how would you guys have played this hand?

Thanks.

crazygoose 10-28-2005 05:06 PM

Re: 2 hands (2=4) Opinions of how I played them.

In hand 2 I'm having a lot of trouble putting villain on a hand wihtout a read. Unless this is a wierd hand where he caught TT or JJ I'm thinking he is overplaying a set or an overpair. Three bet that river b/c I'm guessing villian is not putting you on the flush.

pkrPlayerBr 10-28-2005 05:10 PM

Thanks for the response. I just called, because when he reraised, I felt I could have been beaten by AhKh... I was bit alright, but by something really worse.

pkrPlayerBr 10-28-2005 06:40 PM

sorry bump!