Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   99- What's your line? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391659)

12-05-2005 02:31 PM

Re: 99- What\'s your line?

lol

12-05-2005 02:34 PM

I like schwza's response better. You need to go in time out and rethink what you've done.

10 minute penalty for F-bomb, S-bomb, A-bomb & C-bomb.

12-05-2005 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well right now my read on villain looks like a couple of paint cards, with that raise. I have him on AJ, AQ, KQ. If it falls down 552, or 10 8 4, I'm willing to push. If it's broadway esque around 6000 chips is not that bad to play with.

[/ QUOTE ]

why, in gods name (Q%)(&#%*&@#*()%&*)!( AIYEEEYEE), would your read on villian be two paint cards specifically? ALL HE HAS DONE IS RAISE!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

10 minute penalty rescinded, only because i do like the AIYYEEEYEEE

mlagoo 12-05-2005 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like schwza's response better. You need to go in time out and rethink what you've done.

10 minute penalty for F-bomb, S-bomb, A-bomb & C-bomb.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i kinda freaked out there. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

some good friends of mine always make this mistake though. they call me 99 with 33, because they "put me on" AK. and i just look at them with a deep sadness in my eyes, because i want them to be better. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

12-05-2005 02:40 PM

I was just saying what my range of hands on the villain is with that raise. I don't always do that. I thought we did that around here. He could have a bunch of hands, but I think calling with 99 is the optimum play here. We can make a read on him when the flop comes and how he bets.

mlagoo 12-05-2005 02:41 PM

well then you are a far more advanced poker player than most of us.

could you explain, for my benefit, exactly what it is about his slightly more than 3xBB raise that narrows his range to AJ, AQ and KQ? because i think this could be really helpful for me.

Melchiades 12-05-2005 02:45 PM

Also, what does he raise to with TT here? When would your range for him be 88-QQ? When you hold AK, and he makes the exact same raise?

schwza 12-05-2005 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was just saying what my range of hands on the villain is with that raise. I don't always do that. I thought we did that around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

in all honesty, we do, but you're kidding yourself if you can make such a specific read this early in a hand. the range should look more like:

66+, AT+, KQ, QJs, TJs

or something, and since he's open-raising there's some possibly of connectors, air, etc

FrogMouth 12-05-2005 02:56 PM

Agro Andy says PUSH. Standard ~3x open raise in MP, I'm sure most of the time you will get a fold. Your in the money, and people open up their game. Yes he could have JJ but 2 face cards are much more likely.

schwza 12-05-2005 03:11 PM

villain is getting very good odds and will only fold the true garbage. but that's fine since you're probably ahead.