Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Pocket TTs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395095)

mojobluesman 12-09-2005 05:15 PM

Pocket TTs

Opponent is VPIP 21.6, Preflop Raise 9.26, and 1.75

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero ?

waynethetrain 12-09-2005 05:47 PM

Re: Pocket TTs

I would toss it, but I don't think this is very clear. You could call and fold UI on the turn if you don't want to give the impression that you fold too easily to flop raises.

Calling down seems too expensive given a EP raise pre flop and a raise now.

DCWildcat 12-09-2005 05:50 PM

He could very well be raising overs on this weak board (AK, AQ, KQ). With those stats he's probably PF capping most of what you're behind (QQ-AA). AJ is my only real concern here. I dunno, I feel like I don't want to fold here.

WalkAmongUs 12-09-2005 05:52 PM

call and bet/fold the turn. if he raises your turn bet you can comfortably fold knowing your beat.

if he calls your turn bet, i think you can bet a river blank and check/call anything scary.

12-09-2005 06:06 PM

I don't 3 bet OOP with TT vey often (well, like never). I think calling 1.5 from the SB is a better line here HU OOP.

Flop - definitely b/c the flop &amp; see the turn. You are ahead of everything but J/broadway, AA-QQ or a very unlikely small set. What hand do you put him on here?

FWIW, I b/c the miss on the turn &amp; c/r a T on the turn. I might c/c or c/f paint higher than J.

NobodysFreak 12-09-2005 06:06 PM

Villian seems like he's pretty solid judging from his stats. With no callers and poor position, I'm likely to toss this into the muck.

On the flop, I'm not ready to give villian credit for something like AA, KK, or QQ because I think he's capping this pre-flop. JJ is a possibility, but I think he'd wait until the turn to raise you given the uncoordinated flop.

I think this might be one of those rare situations where I 3-bet the flop and fold to a cap. Is that too weak? I think calling is going to put us in a bad situation on the turn and I think its bad to fold to the initial raise because I don't think AK or AQ is capping this flop.

mojobluesman 12-09-2005 06:18 PM

The more I think about it, the more I think you are right. He probably would have re-raised preflop with QQ, KK, and AA. So the only hands to worry about were AJ and JJ. Maybe calling down was correct, but I don't think it was a no-brainer given the flop raise because he had to be a little scared of me given that I 3-bet pre flop.

ajm36 12-09-2005 07:11 PM

folds

Shillx 12-09-2005 07:16 PM

Call it down

Catsailor 12-09-2005 07:22 PM

Call down sounds right. If he raised overs, you are probably ahead but he has lots of redraws.