Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   honest question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=293126)

morgant 07-14-2005 11:44 PM

honest question

lately i have been playing paradise 40/80. i have been on an insane run of good cards and have been killiing the game over the last 2 weeks. i depo'd 5k, and my balance last night of 9pm EST it was at 15k and change.

last night a friend of mine was in town from san diego, we went out, got crunked up and had a blast. got home and loaded up paradise. we began killing the games, no joke, i recall hiting sets and gutshots, the whole nine yards. my memory gets cloudy now(as we were drinking quite a bit). i wake up today and my balance is a touch under 5k.

that is a 137 BB downswing over the course of tops 3 hours...is this possible? I have the utmost faith in the poker sites, so i am assuming yes this indeed happen. i am inquiring if any of you happened to be in the games last night and can shed some light on my paradise's rolls demise [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ?

thanks
morg.

Brainwalter 07-14-2005 11:48 PM

Re: honest question

It's not only possible but probable.

StacysMom 07-15-2005 12:25 AM

cant paradise tell u at the minimum what u sat with and got up with at each table? This woudl provide more insight.

Jim Kuhn 07-15-2005 12:46 AM

Is there a problem with the hand histories not working? Although that would just show you the last 100 hands? The same thing happened to me last night but not as bad. I went out and drank a few too many and lost a bunch playing $20/$40. I kind of remembered this morning but had to think about it and check my bankroll.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

morgant 07-15-2005 01:05 AM

well, i asked for more than just my most recent 100 hands, cause i dont think you could lose that many BB in 100 hands. this post was semi self serving and drilling into my head, dont play when azzed out. hopefully it provided some value to others, if not.....jim, please delete it.

thanks
morg.

Jim Kuhn 07-15-2005 01:12 AM

I think it should provide much value to us all. We work way too hard for our money to let a few beers give it away! Sorry to hear about your losses!

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

jman220 07-15-2005 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lately i have been playing paradise 40/80. i have been on an insane run of good cards and have been killiing the game over the last 2 weeks. i depo'd 5k, and my balance last night of 9pm EST it was at 15k and change.

last night a friend of mine was in town from san diego, we went out, got crunked up and had a blast. got home and loaded up paradise. we began killing the games, no joke, i recall hiting sets and gutshots, the whole nine yards. my memory gets cloudy now(as we were drinking quite a bit). i wake up today and my balance is a touch under 5k.

that is a 137 BB downswing over the course of tops 3 hours...is this possible? I have the utmost faith in the poker sites, so i am assuming yes this indeed happen. i am inquiring if any of you happened to be in the games last night and can shed some light on my paradise's rolls demise [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ?

thanks
morg.

[/ QUOTE ]

You lost in one night of drunken revelry what I've made in 6 months of bonus whoring and grinding the low limits. Thats sick. Don't play drunk.

DonkAlert 07-15-2005 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
we began killing the games, no joke, i recall hiting sets and gutshots, the whole nine yards. my memory gets cloudy now(as we were drinking quite a bit). i wake up today and my balance is a touch under 5k.

[/ QUOTE ]

In actuality, those sets and gutshots were bottom pair and nut low [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

mmmmmbrother 07-15-2005 02:11 AM

i wish i could do this

SwordFish 07-15-2005 03:46 AM

You sure it wasn't a 30/60 game ? Link

Seriously though, sorry it happened to you. As Jim said, it is a good lesson for all of us. We need to leave the computer alone after a night out.

SF