Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Biggest flaw in my game (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=248193)

Niwa 05-08-2005 04:58 PM

Biggest flaw in my game

2/4 Prima.
I have TT.
Three callers: Pot is $14

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB bets: $20, One fold, I call

Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He bets $50, I min-raise. He thinks and fold.

What is the correct way to play this and to get more money in?
I thought of re-raising on flop but decided to min re-raise on turn and I think this is the worst play of them all..

My image at the table is loose but not extremely loose.

Niwa 05-08-2005 05:09 PM

Re: Biggest flaw in my game

Sry if this isnt particularly a midhighstakes question. Just felt I needed the expertise.

emil3000 05-08-2005 05:13 PM

I like getting money in on the flop.

stlcards3 05-08-2005 05:15 PM

raise to $50 on the flop...if hes betting $20 into a $14 pot I'd assume he's going to call this raise. Also it could very well look like you have a-j or a-q. It will pay you off better this way. The way you played it screams monster.

freemoney 05-08-2005 05:16 PM

i think its all about the shania if everytime you minraise you are showing monsters then this is bad.

iceman5 05-08-2005 05:23 PM

Min turn raise=dead giveaway....although this time I doubt he had much or he wouldnt have overbet the flop like that when there arent even any real draws.. It looks like a weak ace to me.

Niwa 05-08-2005 05:28 PM

It looked like that to me too. I prayed for him to have hit the turn for two pairs.
It would have been smarter to just call the turn raise and raise his riverbet.

emil3000 05-08-2005 05:33 PM

minraises are weird creatures. i have started to fear them from opponents, but they shouldn't generally fear them from me. it's something i do very rarely. if you're going to bet a certain way with monsters, it's almost surely better for it to be a big way.

NiceCatch 05-08-2005 06:19 PM

Is this a ten player table? If it's short, there's a decent chance he just has an A, and AJ or AQ might have him beat. It's quite possible you weren't going to make anymore money off of him, and waiting until the turn made you an extra $50. I guess you could have called and hoped he picked up a second pair on the river...

freemoney 05-08-2005 06:38 PM

i agree i use it slow down opponents with showdown value hands mostly.