Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha/8 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   PL100 - Middle set on scary flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358616)

mason55 10-16-2005 12:31 AM

PL100 - Middle set on scary flop

I'm in BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] with a $100 stack. Still learning how to deal with these situations. Standard? Be more aggressive? Different bet size on river?

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, I check.

Flop is T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked around to MP3 who bets pot ($6.20). I call UTG calls.

Turn is K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, UTG checks, MP3 checks.

River is 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I pot for $23.85

Thanks a bunch

Wintermute 10-16-2005 02:08 PM

Re: PL100 - Middle set on scary flop

I'm not a big fan of the river bet. The only hand that will call this that you beat is J8. I think it's a better spot for a check-call. But your hand is good more often than not.

mason55 10-16-2005 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a big fan of the river bet. The only hand that will call this that you beat is J8. I think it's a better spot for a check-call. But your hand is good more often than not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the rest of the hand look standard? I was hoping to get called by a flush that would check behind if I checked. I just started at 100PL last night so maybe I'm past the point where I'll get that call (in the 50's I could get it pretty often)

Wintermute 10-16-2005 02:44 PM

I think a nut-flush is going to bet that turn, and a smaller flush will probably need to be checked to on the river to induce a bet if he's going to proceed. Definitely a pot-bet is going to scare all but the nutflush away.

It will check around frequently, but in all cases where it checks around, you're not going to get a pot-sized bet called.

gergery 10-16-2005 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a nut-flush is going to bet that turn, and a smaller flush will probably need to be checked to on the river to induce a bet if he's going to proceed. Definitely a pot-bet is going to scare all but the nutflush away.

It will check around frequently, but in all cases where it checks around, you're not going to get a pot-sized bet called.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, and I like the check call on river. I think nutflush sometimes checks the turn trying to get tricky, particularly at lower limits, especially since it's pretty obvious that the nuflush is possible.

FWIW, I think folding on the flop might be fine too, depending on opponents willingness to pay you off if your hand hits.

-g