Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Scary Bar Situation (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404123)

12-23-2005 03:32 PM

Scary Bar Situation

I was debating posting this because I don't think I handled it in the best way possible. I'll give the results later.

So I'm in a bar in Metro Manila, Philippines 2 nights ago. At the table next to me is the hottest 17 year old ever. I'm only 19 so...

She looked like Jessica Alba. We start talking and her friend is actually helping me out. She shows me a picture of her boyfriend and I ask her if she thinks I'm much better looking than him - both of them agree.

We keep talking and drinking and I get her number. We leave the bar and we makeout real quick and then I get pulled violently to the ground.

I get up and some guy I didn't recognize (I soon realized it was her boyfriend) is yelling at me in a mixture of english and Tagalog. I get up real fast (it seemed fast), and throw/trip him to the ground in a fit of alcoholic rage. This is in front of a group of 5-7 people about 20 feet across from the bar so not in plain view.

Mind you, I haven't said I single thing yet but I have realized who it was.

He gets back up with this evil grin on his face, and reaching into his pocket. He pulls out a butterfly knife and loads it up... I'm 6'3 165 so I'm not very big. Villain is about 140 5'8. I don't have a lot of fight experience... none facing a deadly weapon and I'm in a third world country with someone who might also be in an alcoholic rage..

Your move if you were me?

Results to come.

12-23-2005 03:34 PM

Re: Scary Bar Situation

Uhhh, at the very least back up slowly?

diebitter 12-23-2005 03:35 PM

RUN! or get stabbed. Either work.

12-23-2005 03:36 PM

He's about 5 feet away from me. The two girls are watching from the street corner.

RiverTheNuts 12-23-2005 03:37 PM

Take said Jessica Alba hostage and grab on her [censored] while you taunt the nutcase. At this point, pull out your 9 with your gloved hand, put it in Jessica's hand, and have her pull the trigger. Game Over

CollinEstes 12-23-2005 03:37 PM

Just ask yourself:

http://www.rrlicensing.com/store/cat...k%20Norris.jpg

"WHAT WOULD CHUCK NORRIS DO?"

Gunny Highway 12-23-2005 03:37 PM

Hide behind the girlfriend. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

TheMainEvent 12-23-2005 03:38 PM

Did you think it was weird that she showed you a picture of her boyfriend?

12-23-2005 03:39 PM

Eventually you're gonna tell us what the "right answer" (read as: exactly what you did) is, so stop the stupid grandstanding and just edit your story to include an ending.

If this were a choose your own adventure, we'd be rooting for you to get cut up.

[turn to page 171]

You don't back up fast enough, and crazy knife-wielding Alpay guts you. You bleed out in an alley.

THE END

12-23-2005 03:40 PM

When we were talking, the conversation got to the point of BF/GFs. She asked me if I had one and I said no then I asked her and she showed me him on her cell phone.

We're outside the bar mind you when the fight broke out.

ethan 12-23-2005 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RUN!

[/ QUOTE ]

running sounds pretty good.

Diplomat 12-23-2005 03:40 PM

I'm not sure how anything but wussing out can be considered an option.

-Diplomat

12-23-2005 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eventually you're gonna tell us what the "right answer" (read as: exactly what you did) is, so stop the stupid grandstanding and just edit your story to include an ending.

If this were a choose your own adventure, we'd be rooting for you to get cut up.

[turn to page 171]

You don't back up fast enough, and crazy knife-wielding Alpay guts you. You bleed out in an alley.

THE END

[/ QUOTE ]

There are multiple right answers douchebag... But ones that can keep your pride intact unlike what I did..

mostsmooth 12-23-2005 03:43 PM

stall him until the cops show up?

if he charges you before they get there, side step him, wrap your shirt around his knife arm, grap his forearm and twist/snap it backwards at the elbow, he will fall to his knees, then you put your foot on his neck and press it to the ground while making out with his girlfriend.

Gunny Highway 12-23-2005 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are multiple right answers douchebag... But ones that can keep your pride intact unlike what I did..

[/ QUOTE ]

You should reconsider your sources of self-esteem.

edit: also, why are you hanging out in Manila bars by yourself?

CollinEstes 12-23-2005 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if he charges you before they get there, side step him, wrap your shirt around his knife arm, grap his forearm and twist/snap it backwards at the elbow, he will fall to his knees, then you put your foot on his neck and press it to the ground while making out with his girlfriend.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like a move from "A History of Violence."

Yeti 12-23-2005 03:45 PM

Run like hell.

12-23-2005 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be a good answer, except there are practically 0 cops in the Philippines. BUT... plenty of taxi cabs. I saw a line of like 3 of them coming in this direction. So I calmly hailed one got in and told him to drive..

Now the question is - Can I call this girl again and what do I say after wussing out like that?

mostsmooth 12-23-2005 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Now the question is - Can I call this girl again and what do I say after wussing out like that?

[/ QUOTE ]
this is a joke, right?

MrWookie47 12-23-2005 03:48 PM

Um, no? I think I'll pass on the option that leads to her boyfriend stabbing me in my sleep on page 204. Hit something else.

12-23-2005 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this is a joke, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Damnit.. This girl was so hot

CollinEstes 12-23-2005 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be a good answer, except there are practically 0 cops in the Philippines. BUT... plenty of taxi cabs. I saw a line of like 3 of them coming in this direction. So I calmly hailed one got in and told him to drive..

[/ QUOTE ]

How very anticlimactic.

Ulysses 12-23-2005 03:52 PM

Parliament,

Step towards him. As he goes for a strike, block his knife arm to the side, spin around, grab and turn his wrist aikido-style. He will drop the knife and go to the ground. Calmly pick up the knife and put it in your back pocket. He will most likely run at this point. If he attacks again, put him to the ground again and this time snap his arm. Take a long sweeping glance around the scene, briefly holding eye contact with anyone who dares stare. Find the girl and leave with her.

Shajen 12-23-2005 03:56 PM

Diablo,

Your advice as always is spot on. The only part I disagree with is "find the girl and leave with her", she'll be standing right next to him along with 5 of her equally hot friends.

Eurotrash 12-23-2005 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She shows me a picture of her boyfriend and I ask her if she thinks I'm much better looking than him - both of them agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

way to break the ice with such a normal question

edit: although i guess wtf is one supposed to say when she shows you a picture of her boyfriend? regardless, your question seemed a bit bizarre

Skip Brutale 12-23-2005 04:05 PM

Ideally I would sprint away, but Im a slow sprinter and would probably get stab'ed in the back. So I would just try to back away facing him and prepare to give up an arm to the knife and try to grab it from him.

Skip Brutale 12-23-2005 04:07 PM

You plan to call her again? LOL

Skip Brutale 12-23-2005 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why dont you just do a big jump spinning kick that will KO him instead?

IndieMatty 12-23-2005 04:10 PM

Obviously the correct answer is to run home, post on a poker message board non stop, sleep and then. finally get to this story.

Skip Brutale 12-23-2005 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[turn to page 171]

THE END

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is the one that didnt want to fight you straight up and had to use a weapon. That is the puss move. Maybe if he had 2 knives of equal size and gave you 1 of them you could make some argument that you wussed out, but knife fighting over nothing is stupid.

Gunny Highway 12-23-2005 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You plan to call her again? LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

That really was the funniest part of this whole thing. OP, please realize that if you call her again to get together, her boyfriend will probably show up as well.

bwana devil 12-23-2005 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Damnit.. This girl was so hot

[/ QUOTE ]

you really should have just saved all of this for a blog entry on your myspace acct.

bwana

Gunny Highway 12-23-2005 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you really should have just saved all of this for a blog entry on your myspace acct.

bwana

[/ QUOTE ]

Which one do you think he is?

12-23-2005 04:22 PM

I think OP should call the girl and set up a date in a dark park somewhere with her.

And post a trip report.

Skip Brutale 12-23-2005 04:23 PM

This girl isnt a virgin anymore right? Parliament shouldnt you be off trying to get 15 year olds drunk so you can brag online about how you took a girl's virginity through statutory rape? I understand this girl is also underrage and you are also getting her drunk, but she isnt a virgin, what gives?

12-23-2005 04:30 PM

Drinking age is 16 here Skip. I'm not going to pursue it anymore but yea, next time I'll know how to defend myself better. It was just sad that I was so much bigger than the guy yet I couldn't get the balls to fight him because of the knife. The thought of being gutted wasn't very appealling.

diebitter 12-23-2005 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Drinking age is 16 here Skip. I'm not going to pursue it anymore but yea, next time I'll know how to defend myself better. It was just sad that I was so much bigger than the guy yet I couldn't get the balls to fight him because of the knife. The thought of being gutted wasn't very appealling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wishing you had fought a guy with a knife who seems intending to use it isn't about not having balls. It's about not having brains.

RiverTheNuts 12-23-2005 04:39 PM

Call his bluff, he cant kill you with a knife, besides, its not like he had a gun, break his [censored] arm and then take it from him

Skip Brutale 12-23-2005 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call his bluff, he cant kill you with a knife, besides, its not like he had a gun, break his [censored] arm and then take it from him

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, no one has ever died from being stabbed. Especially in a 3rd world country. Whenever I am attacked outside of a bar and have a knife drawn on me I figure the guy is bluffing.

12-23-2005 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, no one has ever died from being stabbed. Especially in a 3rd world country. Whenever I am attacked outside of a bar and have a knife drawn on me I figure the guy is bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who's fought a lot have any type of predictions? I do have a good 8 inches on him... I'm just curious - I'm now pretty confident that saving my ass was the right move even if I was a 99% sure thing.