Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   The dude who cried when his K high flush lost (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365987)

10-26-2005 03:45 PM

The dude who cried when his K high flush lost

Did anyone feel bad for this guy? " I played perfectly for 3 days" Give me a break. Do you want your mommy? Maybe David William's mom can bring you some milk and cookies to make you feel better.
Be a man. You're playing poker not tiddly winks.

lonn19 10-26-2005 03:47 PM

Re: The dude who cried when his K high flush lost

[ QUOTE ]
You're playing poker not tiddly winks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come up with an original line.

istewart 10-26-2005 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

10-26-2005 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]
lol. I wasn't trying to be original when I used that line. Relax [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Dynasty 10-26-2005 03:54 PM

The guy overreacted since he wasn't even eliminated. But, you guys are being too rough on him (in this thread and others).

I'm sure all of us have emotionally invested ourselves in something "unimportant" and then had things go bad.

Matt24 10-26-2005 04:01 PM

He went to IU, I Had some classes with him. He ranted about a bad beat for over 30 minutes at the 1k Derby Clash at Caesars Indiana a few months ago. Every single person in the tourney heard about it.

I don't know why he was so hard on himself about the hand, not sure how you fold there.

shaniac 10-26-2005 04:04 PM

Dynasty,

It's not unnatural for poker players to show disdain towards un-restrained displays of emotion, whether it be fist-pumping and going wild (and/or twirling seat covers over heads, etc) after winning a hand, or, um crying after losing a hand (much less a hand where you had the 2nd nuts and, like, didn't go broke, so who cares?).

Point is, yeah I kinda feel bad for the kid, but he shouldn't be playing poker if that's he how deals with situations. If he chooses to play anyway, and finds his moment of emotional weakness nationally televized, that's just bad luck for him. We're poker players, we've trained ourselves to an analyze weaknesses, and I don't see why this kid should get a walk. Especially since he didn't go broke. With the 2nd nuts.

wegs the wegs 10-26-2005 04:06 PM

I just think he was way too hard on himself, sounded like an insecure perfectionist of sorts. And as everyone else agrees, who could honestly lay that down. Kx suited with three hearts on an unpaired board and its not even for all my chips? I call everytime.

shaniac 10-26-2005 04:10 PM

Agreed. I call every time too probably.

But do you cry every time, too?

Insecure perfectionist sounds about right. He might consider taking up chess.

Richard Tanner 10-26-2005 04:10 PM

I'm embarrassed for my school now.

Cody