Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Serious FPS ? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=341418)

meow_meow 09-21-2005 01:06 PM

Serious FPS ?

CO is a donkey, BB is a very good possible 2+2 Scandinavian who I've played about 1k hands against.

I have to explain the flop action. It went like this: check, bet, fold,........10 second delay......raise. Now I know that can mean anything or nothing, but I took it to mean "I'm examining my PT stats on this guy to see if I can make him fold", so I reraised.
Turn bet with the intention of checking behind unimproved. I know I probably should bet the river, but froze, since he seemed to be in call down mode that might mean weak ace.

This is all really terrible and just fold the flop right?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (8.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.20 BB

kidcolin 09-21-2005 01:36 PM

Re: Serious FPS ?

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero SPEWS </font>,<font color="#CC3333"> BB laughs at spewage and calls.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Also, would your stats suggest to him that he can make you fold?

Or, is it more probable he was in the middle of some action at another table?

This is bad, IMO.

me454555 09-21-2005 01:45 PM

I've made a plays like this before, they never seem to work out or push the donkey's off their hand.

Your river play is fine. Your 3 bet on the flop tells him that you have a good hand. I think he folds most hands your ahead of on the river and calls w/an ace. Your check behind is fine given your flop and turn action

meow_meow 09-21-2005 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero SPEWS </font>,<font color="#CC3333"> BB laughs at spewage and calls.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Or, is it more probable he was in the middle of some action at another table?

This is bad, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a little harsh.

With regards to my stats, of course. If I don't have an ace here (or a flush draw or PP) I'm folding to a cr virtually always.

In any case, he had 74 for the double gut, so it worked out (extra bonus for not betting the river).

I'm not saying just because I won the hand it was a good play, I still think it was pretty marginal at best.

kidcolin 09-21-2005 04:51 PM

It was just a joke.

As for the play, I don't even know if it's marginal, without a very strong read. It's an expensive bluff, because unless you catch them with complete air, you're going to have to fire again on the turn to push them off of a low pair.

TheMetetron 09-21-2005 06:48 PM

Lots of FPS. Bad play. Don't pat yourself on the back because you won.

Monty Cantsin 09-21-2005 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From the Slippery Slope Department:

I almost hate to suggest this, but your comment reminds me of an idea I had that it would be cool to add a feature to PV that allows you to roll over any player and see what your stats are from that player's point of view.

/mc

sthief09 09-21-2005 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB is a very good possible 2+2 Scandinavian who I've played about 1k hands against.

I have to explain the flop action. It went like this: check, bet, fold,........10 second delay......raise. Now I know that can mean anything or nothing, but I took it to mean "I'm examining my PT stats on this guy to see if I can make him fold", so I reraised. [.quote]

no, it meant he's multitabling

[ QUOTE ]

This is all really terrible and just fold the flop right?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

sthief09 09-21-2005 07:31 PM

you played this hand like [censored]. you got lucky. even when you are lucky, he's about 50/50 with you in a small pot. this is bad poker