Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Share some songs no one else has heard (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394814)

zephed 12-09-2005 08:18 AM

Share some songs no one else has heard

Yeah, I guess this will at some point turn into a lame indie rock thread. Please don't post crap like Sufjan Stevens though. We've all heard of him by now, and IMO he sucks.

Feel free to post new indie stuff (not something that has been mentioned on this forum before), old gems, local music, really out there music, blues, middle eastern music (anybody know much about this pm me or respond in thread), whatever you like. Just make sure it's good.

Ok, I'll start with two songs off of the great John Paul Jones' solo debut album Zooma (1999), what many critics call the best post-Zep release by any band member.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7968/zooma0mc.jpg

It's a great instrumental album, featuring JPJ on multiple instruments. He plays 4, 10 & 12 string bass, organ, mandola, kyma (makes some weird sounds), bass lap steel, guitar, and he even conducts the London Symphony Orchestra on one track!

The first number I'm sharing is called. It's basically just a funky syncopated jam between JPJ (on bass) and the drummer. Nice bass playing JPJ.

The last track is an original blues track called. The slide guitar sounding riff is actually the bass lap steel. He is what I like to call "speaking" with his instrument in the intro. I guess that's why the blues is so great, it is so expressive. The song starts out with his unaccompanied lap steel, using a primitive version of the main riff which he introduces later in the song with the band coming in.

If you like what you hear, I can upload some more.

tubalkain 12-09-2005 08:45 AM

Re: Share some songs no one else has heard

Note to moderator re: report: Sharing of songs through 2+2 could possibly lead to legalized sodomy of 2+2 and Conjelco by the RIAA. You may wish to remove the links to illegal downloads.

housenuts 12-09-2005 08:48 AM

imp retty sure no song exists that no one else has ever heard. this post is fn ftupid. call me a slany and punch me in the face because i bet you couldm't find anoyone who hasn't heard a song befoe. is this some sort o fsick joke? get bent.

tonypaladino 12-09-2005 08:59 AM

Unfortunatly this thread seems to violate the banned content rule in the sticky, with regards to piracy. That sucks because I think this has potential.

miajag81 12-09-2005 09:04 AM

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who isn't impressed at all by Sufjan Stevens.

zephed 12-09-2005 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
imp retty sure no song exists that no one else has ever heard. this post is fn ftupid. call me a slany and punch me in the face because i bet you couldm't find anoyone who hasn't heard a song befoe. is this some sort o fsick joke? get bent.

[/ QUOTE ]
he he. Drunk, eh?

I'm sorry for my mistake, but could you post a song that ALMOST no one has heard? Or a song that no one from 2+2 has PROBABLY heard? Or a song that only 1 or 2 people have heard?

Thanks. Enjoy your hangover.

zephed 12-09-2005 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunatly this thread seems to violate the banned content rule in the sticky, with regards to piracy. That sucks because I think this has potential.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah, [censored], I missed it. You think it will get taken down?

12-09-2005 09:25 AM

[censored] that, I can show the legal precedent that supports this thread, google the 1995 AHRA which allows for sharing of intellectual property if the person sharing owns it and isnt profiting.

share away.

12-09-2005 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA! I get to punch you in the face then! There is all the CRAP that I recorded two years ago. Man it sucks and no one has ever heard any of it.

zephed 12-09-2005 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah, [censored], I missed it. You think it will get taken down?

[/ QUOTE ]
I pm'ed astro, but he is not online. In fact, no one is online, so you should just take advantage of that fact.

I don't think this will be a problem with the OOT moderators or Mat Sklansky anyways. We have done threads like this recently and nothing was done about it. I don't think the rule astro posted about this is a new policy, just a restating of the existing policy. We'll see.