Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha/8 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   PokerTracker Omaha beta out (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=199462)

Rudbaeck 02-20-2005 05:33 PM

PokerTracker Omaha beta out

PokerTracker Omaha Beta can be found on the official PT site. Way to Ptrack Mike! Supports Hi as well as Hi/Lo on Party, Stars and Paradise.

Tournament support and other sites are still in the works.

Shameless crosspost. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BradleyT 02-20-2005 05:37 PM

Re: PokerTracker Omaha beta out

Ohhh, awesome. Getting it now.

AtlChip10 02-21-2005 01:26 AM

VP$IP and PFR%

I am very new to Omaha8, and still find myself struggling to push a profit even at the 0.50/1.00 PP games. My question to you more experience people, with PTO now out, what sort of VP$IP and PFR numbers are you seeing. Just looking for some general benchmarks, appreciate anyone humoring me. FYI, I'm currently seeing 22% and raising less than 1% after a couple thousand hands...

TheShootah 02-21-2005 02:23 AM

Re: VP$IP and PFR%

Just looking at the fact that you are seeing almost a fourth of the flops is the answer. You need to play really tight in low limit O8, certainly less than that!

BradleyT 02-21-2005 08:35 AM

11.78 VP$IP and 1.01 PFR and 25% VP$IP from SB, but I play pretty tight.

colgin 02-21-2005 12:53 PM

Re: PokerTracker Omaha beta out

Awesome! Thank you.

I hope someone who knows Omaha/8 better than me (which is everyone else on this forum presumably) will be posting a set of autorate rules akin to the bisonbison rules for hold 'em. I don't know enough to do so myself (yet).

djr 02-21-2005 03:56 PM

wow that's tight... What do you play? only A2xx suited and A3xxsuited?

Figure this, odds of having (math could be wrong, but I think it's ok)
A2xx = 7.25%
A3xx = 7.25% (with the A suited to something, 5.43%)
234x = 0.58%
235x = 0.58%

this alone puts you aroung 15.5% (and these hands can be played in almost any position depending on the preflop aggression of the table). Add in the probabilities of getting things like AAxx double suited, and AKQJ (late position only holding) and a few others and you should reasonably be seeing 17-19% of the flops outside the blinds. (reminiscent of holdem VPIP ain't it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

Remember though that is *passive* low limit game you can limp a bit more. The profit in omaha hilo is mainly in your preflop starting hand requirements, and in your ability to correctly decide which hands to continue with on the flop. Being a little loose preflop, while having great flop play will not really affect your winrate.

As far as PFR. The two reasons to raise preflop are to limit the field, or build a pot. Raising in early position in a low limit game doesn't limit the field enough to make it worthwhile most of the time. I tend to only raise preflop in late position to build a pot (odds are a late position raise will only succeed in getting everyone to call). For instance I'll raise on the button/CO with just about any A2xx if there are 5+ limpers ahead of me. Even if I end up getting quartered, a raise here is +EV. So your PFR being around 1-2% is reasonable.

BradleyT 02-21-2005 06:17 PM

Some A2xx aren't worth playing.
Many A3xx aren't worth playing.
Some A3s aren't worth playing.

2345-2346-2347 from CO or Button
2356-2357 from CO or Button.

But add in some ten-ace suited/paired hands to make up the extra few percents from the A3/A2 not played.

TylerD 02-21-2005 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Some A2xx aren't worth playing

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, in a low (fixed) limit game?

donkeyradish 02-21-2005 06:49 PM

Re: Autorate Rules

I loaded the hold'em one just to see what would happen...
& after 3,500 hands I'm an Omaha/8 fish!

(I knew that already)