Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   JJ with Two Over Cards on the Flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398491)

RickDecker 12-14-2005 06:12 PM

JJ with Two Over Cards on the Flop

Guys:

I'm trying to find my way in 1/2 and I'm a bit lost here. What's my best move? I have no read on the BB. I think it was his first hand.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ????

Thanks for the input.

-Rick

12-14-2005 06:17 PM

Re: JJ with Two Over Cards on the Flop

Bets.

I put his range off being quite wide here. I bet out and if he c/r me, well since I have no reads I would go with my gut on that one. But vs a tricky player I 3-bet and vs the average one, I call and evaluate on turn.

12-14-2005 06:18 PM

Hey Rick-

Hero bets to protect and for value. W/O reads, BB could have anything. Even facing 2 overcards you often still have the best hand here. If you check you may lose the whole pot by allowing BB to improve cheaply. By betting, you may even pick up the pot right here. You were the preflop aggressor so if you do not bet it is a sign of weakness. If you get check-raised it sucks but it is part of the game.

12-14-2005 06:23 PM

bet.

Aaron W. 12-14-2005 06:24 PM

Bet-fold the flop. Bet-fold the turn sometimes (depends on your read -- sometimes check behind and fold the river).

12-14-2005 06:28 PM

Grunch

Bet the flop, bet the turn, c/c the river UI. If raised on the flop, c/f the turn UI.

UATrewqaz 12-14-2005 06:47 PM

For sure bet.

Most of the time in this situation you bet and BB folds.

RickDecker 12-14-2005 06:48 PM

Thanks for the replies. The BB raised me and I folded, which was not good. In my defense, a few hands before this, I had my KK cracked by AQ when 2 Aces fell on the flop and I called him down after a similar C/R on the flop. I guess I was seeing a few too many monsters under the bed when this hand came up.

-Rick

Goodnews 12-14-2005 07:01 PM

I bet.
I will try for a fcp. I want to get to a showdown on this hand.

If I get c/r here, I call and fold the turn UI.

mojobluesman 12-14-2005 08:09 PM

I think you have to bet because it's still more likely you are ahead than behind.