Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   How was my play: 'Was this a hold up attempt'? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=340758)

Eurotrash 09-20-2005 03:01 PM

Re: How was my play: \'Was this a hold up attempt\'?

i'll grant that you had to act quickly and were under duress to some extent. that said, I still think this was misplayed on every street (specifically the one where your car was parked)

what kind of neighborhood is this that you were installing your stereo (presumably) in the middle of the day and some punks walk up with a knife? I think letting them into your car was a bad idea. giving them your phone, while something I also wouldn't do, was probably an ok play. I guess once you're confined to the car you wouldn't want one of them to start slashing at you.

I'd like to know more about the neighborhood though, if you don't mind divulging

FouTight 09-20-2005 03:42 PM

perfectly typical suburban territory.

South East East of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. Low crime rate, mostly middle class families. These bums, as I said, where from a town over, which is feeling the effects of the bush administaration worse then ours.

Only other encounters I've had in this area were typical growing up in grade school type of fights. The cops used to harass us weekly for being too loud as we sat out BSing with each other, so, it's pretty slow crime wise. It was a very unusual situation.

I definately agree though, I should have folded preflop and just beat it, but my car was open and all my relatively expensive stereo equipment was just laying there. I thought slightly about raising the flop and trying to knock them down before we got in the car, but I just check called the whole way. it was loose, I know

(Sorry, but I love the fact that the card game references really rub some people the wrong way)

STLantny 09-20-2005 03:52 PM

Im sorry, you may not be a complete moron normally, but giving these guys a ride is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

RunDownHouse 09-20-2005 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im sorry, you may not be a complete moron normally, but giving these guys a ride is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

[/ QUOTE ]
I also think going for a ride with them was a horrible decision.

4_2_it 09-20-2005 04:16 PM

You should have folded pre-flop.

FouTight 09-20-2005 04:47 PM

usually I would agree, but I already posted the big blind...

During and after the situation, except for the first 15 seconds after I first saw the knife, I felt never felt like I didn't have control over the situation. The small crow bar I keep under my seat was also a a bit of comfort. I didn't want to leave the table with about 175 BB sitting there.

09-20-2005 05:19 PM

I'm sorry to say it but you fkn retarded. Rule 1 if some [censored] is going down get away. IE oh you need $5 hold on, let em go in the house and get it. Run inside and:
(A) Grab a gun/bat/tazer/kitchen knife,
(B) Call 911 and lock the door
(C) Both of the previous.
If you can't seem to get away then what do you have around you:
(A) SCREWDRIVER
(B) Pliers
(C)If your like me you keep a 3 or 4 cell maglight under or behind your seat within reach.
(D) Other tool you were using that could do serious damage to the eyes/crotch of said retards

Knife cuts are rarely fatal unless the underside of you arm, inside of the leg , or neck. Use the top of you arms to block slices and stabs as they won't do a ton of damage.

The worst thing you could do? "Sure I'm a tard, i'm give you a ride!" Think about this: These guys carjack/mug/kill people from time to time. They decide to kill you and take your car. They are drunk and don't feel like driving. So they ask you to drive them. They call up a friend who works a chop shop in his garage and the "yeah"s are I'm on the way with a car clear out the garage. They pull up one in the back grabs your head and slices you neck. You are unconsious after about 15-25 seconds and dead in around a minute. They push your body over and drive into the garage. You get dug up 15 years later when the new owners are trying to install a pool!

Congratz your a tard [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

pauliewalnuts 09-20-2005 05:35 PM

Giving them a ride obviously wasnt the best idea. Clearly you need watch the "Thats My Dog" episode of Six Feet Under.

Thebram 09-20-2005 05:59 PM

My wife likes to watch these horrible crime documentaries on A&E and court TV. I can almost hear the Keith David voice over now...

[ QUOTE ]
Port Vue, Pennsylvania
An ideal suburban community. A small town of nice houses, nice schools and nice neighbors. Or it was, until the summer of 2005 when a string of terrible crimes and a six-pack of Beast turned a model citizen into a cleaved corpse and left the idyllic town shattered by the terrifying knowledge that a killer was among them.

[/ QUOTE ]

nothumb 09-20-2005 06:19 PM

Putting these guys in your car was really, really terrible. They're obviously amateurs if they're trying to commit a crime and idiots if they aren't (well, idiots either way really) so you treat them as such. As stated before, go in the house and call the police. It's not like you have to worry about them stealing your stuff; they're on foot and they're drunk. If you're not feeling that nasty, go in the house, then tell them to [censored] off or you'll call the police. Having a gun to wave around in this case is never a bad idea. I keep a very realistic looking air-cartridge handgun for situations like this. That way I don't have to worry about accidentally killing one if I do shoot them.

NT