Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Bad Dating Etiquette (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381728)

Cunning Linguist 11-19-2005 07:29 PM

Bad Dating Etiquette

She answered her cell phone during our first date. Twice. And talked to her friend (female, at least) for 2-3 minutes each time. Otherwise, the date went famously. This is a girl I worked with who has been interested in hooking up with me (i reciprocate her interest).

Major lack of courtesy, is it possible she's just oblivious?
Otherwise it's obviously a clear representation of how she thinks the date is going.

What would you do in this situation, cut bait?
What do you do as you are preparing for the 2nd date?
Tell her straight up to get some manners?

pokerdirty 11-19-2005 07:30 PM

Re: Bad Dating Etiquette

TTIWWoP

Peca277 11-19-2005 07:32 PM

You worry too much. Go on a 2nd date... have fun... post trip report.

Publos Nemesis 11-19-2005 07:32 PM

dont date people from work, especially ones who disrespect you.

tom441lbk 11-19-2005 07:47 PM

It might just means that she is comfortable with you, and she doesn't think you would mind

Would you question this if you had been in a relationship with her for awhile, It just looks like she has a little bad etiquette, nothing on your part looks bad.

lu_hawk 11-19-2005 07:50 PM

You bored her. I would try to become more interesting. Definitely not due to being oblivious, girls do everything for a well thought out reason.

deacsoft 11-19-2005 07:51 PM

I generally don't even let people bring cell phones into my house. I hate them!
Talking on the thing durring a date is completely unacceptable unless an emergency situation occurs. However, this wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me. I would certainly voice my opinion on the matter in a polite way but by no means not consider a follow up date because of it.

JonPKibble 11-19-2005 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She answered her cell phone during our first date. Twice. And talked to her friend (female, at least) for 2-3 minutes each time. Otherwise, the date went famously. This is a girl I worked with who has been interested in hooking up with me (i reciprocate her interest).

[/ QUOTE ]

Invite female friend to join in on next date. Menage-a-trois?

dblgutshot 11-19-2005 08:48 PM

You are too sensitive IMO.

tpir90036 11-19-2005 08:50 PM

I don't think I have ever answered my cell phone in front of the girl on a first date... even if it's going horribly. And it's not like I have any class or anything.

The fact that she talked to the person for 3 minutes would annoy me. But maybe she just wants to get down and doesn't care about the pleasantries... so do that.