Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   How bad of a bet is this? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=314010)

Buckmulligan 08-12-2005 08:26 PM

How bad of a bet is this?

Hero is BB with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] folded to M1 who calls, Button calls, SB completes, hero checks.

4 to flop for 4 SB.
6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, hero bets...

jaxUp 08-12-2005 08:32 PM

Re: How bad of a bet is this?

I'll assume readless. In that case it's not great. You have a few back door draws and weakass overcards. Also, if you're opponents are thinking players, they'll usually expect you to go for a c/r with a 6. If you made this flop bet against me I think I'm raising any pocket pair. I'd expect you to have a 2 most of the time.

MrWookie47 08-12-2005 08:33 PM

I think it's pretty bad. Four ways? There'll be some goon peeling with the deuce, A high, a PP, or who'll actually have trips. HU, fire away. Three ways is borderline. Four, no way.

Buckmulligan 08-12-2005 08:40 PM

A few things I am thinking.
a. I don't know the actual equity of all my backdoor draws, but I expect my bet to leave me with at least 6 clean overs.
b. I don't really expect to get raised here. It was mentioned that raising hands are pocket pairs and I believe that, but unless someone has 33, 44, 55, 77, and maybe 88, I'm getting to the turn for one bet, and probably with a smaller field, into which I bet if I catch a diamond or a 9 or 7.

If they are thinking players, anyone without a small pocket pair is leaving this pot alone and letting my have it; my draws put me in decent shape to improve as well.

These are just thoughts. I don't think the bet is that bad, but i could be really wrong.

jaxUp 08-12-2005 08:46 PM

I think your reasons are pretty solid HU or 3-way. In that case you can get it HU on the turn and fold your opponent pretty often. But 4-way I just think you're seeing the turn 3-handed too often.

[ QUOTE ]

If they are thinking players, anyone without a small pocket pair is leaving this pot alone and letting my have it

[/ QUOTE ]

But also if they're thinking they know you don't have a 6 and might try to isolate you with better overcards.

Do you fold to a flop raise here?

Buckmulligan 08-12-2005 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But also if they're thinking they know you don't have a 6 and might try to isolate you with better overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, but thinking players with better overcards probbaly would have raised preflop. I don't expect hands like KJ and AT to call this bet, but the hands that would, like AJ, would have raised preflop.

[ QUOTE ]

Do you fold to a flop raise here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I fold to a flop raise. I think I checkfold the turn unimproved. Whatever I end up doing, I don't think it's too good.

jaxUp 08-12-2005 08:57 PM

good point about the other OCs. They are probably raising pf. I think calling a flop raise is correct (though not lovely). Our OCs are fairly clean since they're so obscure, plus the BD draws make it more profitable.