Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Dear Lee Jones; Volume II (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395191)

Exitonly 12-09-2005 08:45 PM

Dear Lee Jones; Volume II

Thuoght maybe we could get a list of requests together, the last one worked well.

Couple things i would like to see:

- Auto add-on in rebuuy tournaments. OR a popup saying it's time to addon. ok, maybe i'm the only one that's stupid and forgets it all the time, but it would be most appreciated.

- Time bank restored for FT. See this happen kinda often that people complain about having no timebank by the time it's at the FT. It would be nice if it was restored so you could have it for your most important decisions.

- 150/300 level

what would you guys like to see?

MLG 12-09-2005 08:48 PM

Re: Dear Lee Jones; Volume II

[ QUOTE ]
Time bank restored for FT. See this happen kinda often that people complain about having no timebank by the time it's at the FT. It would be nice if it was restored so you could have it for your most important decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this a lot.

Ogre 12-09-2005 08:48 PM

auto add on button in the options menu

benneh 12-09-2005 08:49 PM

I also had tons I wanted, but can't think of anything right now.

Your two ideas are pretty clutch though. Particularly the timebank.

yvesaint 12-09-2005 08:52 PM

150/300 level

resizable tables

no observer chat during deal making

12-09-2005 08:58 PM

Send the 20 percent payout structure out the door with a dont come back sign on its booty for all the minbuy MTTs, though i don't mind it as much for the deepstack as it IS trying to resemble a ME type of tourney.

I like the FT time bank idea. Though I've only made 4 this year (cause I'm mostly a donkey still [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])I remember 1 of them being a little tougher as i had used my whole bank earlier in the tourney when I suddenly had to urinate with 28 minutes to the break [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. I know this may be too much info for some, but it just shows there are TONS of reasons why that precious time could be gone by the FT when you are actually playing for decent money.

3...could you make the raw hand histories a little easier to read? It would be great if you set them up the way you can get them to look on here.

12-09-2005 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Though i imagine this would be hard to implant.

A_C_Slater 12-09-2005 09:01 PM

150/300 level

get rid of 20% payout.

More 6 max tournaments.

Some cash game heads up limit hold em tables for all limits.

2-7, A-5, and 5 card draw cash games and tournaments.

12-09-2005 09:04 PM

- 10% payouts for all tournaments if it's feasible.

- Feeder Satellites to the bigger daily tourneys (not only the sunday $215, but like the daily 150's or 100's would be cool)

reecelights 12-09-2005 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember 1 of them being a little tougher as i had used my whole bank earlier in the tourney when I suddenly had to urinate with 28 minutes to the break [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Two words: Wireless Laptop

yvesaint 12-09-2005 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Though i imagine this would be hard to implant.

[/ QUOTE ]

not really, do something like what party does and open an "empty" table where only the people making the deal can chat on

or do whatever they do that stops chat during the bubble of satellites

M.B.E. 12-09-2005 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- Auto add-on in rebuuy tournaments. OR a popup saying it's time to addon. ok, maybe i'm the only one that's stupid and forgets it all the time, but it would be most appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea. I'd say in about 10% of the rebuy tournaments I play I forget to add on. Generally because the hand ends at my table and the rebuy period hasn't started yet so I go surf the web or whatever and then just forget about adding on; can also happen when multitabling. Maybe it should just allow add-ons as soon as the hand is finished at your table. Alternatively, a pop-up when there is 2 minutes left in the add-on period, for those players who have not yet added on, would work well.

[ QUOTE ]
- Time bank restored for FT. See this happen kinda often that people complain about having no timebank by the time it's at the FT. It would be nice if it was restored so you could have it for your most important decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea; I have some other ideas of how the time bank system could be improved. Basically I think that time should be added to your time bank each hour, but then maxed out at some point.

For example, instead of starting the tournament with 60 seconds in the time bank, I think it would be better to start with 30 seconds, and then have 20 seconds added at each break, but never to exceed 90 seconds total.

M.B.E. 12-09-2005 09:20 PM

-Fix the blind movement to have a dead-button system the same as in b&m tournaments. It's just ridiculous that you can skip your big blind when the player on your right busts out when you're UTG.

-Add more information to the hand history of tournament hands: total players remaining, total chips in play, and perhaps the current rank of the player requesting the hand history (or maybe the current rank of all players at the table).

-The rebuy process can be frustrating. For example, suppose you start the hand with 1550 chips, post your big blind of 100, and someone raises, someone else calls, and you fold. Now that you are under 1500 you should be able to rebuy immediately. But the software doesn't let you: you have to wait until the hand is completed even though you are not in the hand.

-Also there should be a double-rebuy button when you have 0 chips.

-The "feature" of disabling chat when a player is all-in is incredibly annoying. I'm not really convinced that it is necessary to prevent collusion or whatever. I'd say that the negative aspects of this feature far outweigh any true increase in game integrity. At the very least, your chat should not just disappear into the ether, but be stored and then appear in the chat box after the hand (when it can't do any "harm").

Melchiades 12-09-2005 09:28 PM

- 150/300 level
- get rid of 20% payout
- resizable tables

durron597 12-09-2005 09:29 PM

More turbo cash MTTs. Right now there is one at 3 PM and one at 10:39 PM, and both of them are $5.50s. Maybe like a $22 at 6 PM?

M.B.E. 12-09-2005 09:34 PM

Could probably do a few things to attract more players to the weekly $200+15 Limit Omaha-8 tourney. For example:

-put a guarantee on the prize pool, something like $30K

-run more low-buyin satellites; I'd suggest a $6.50 turbo doubleshootout where the last two players at the final table each get a $215 entry.

Melchiades 12-09-2005 09:37 PM

- Satelites to daily NL 150

Tom Bayes 12-09-2005 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
150/300 level

get rid of 20% payout.

2-7, A-5, and 5 card draw cash games and tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

12-09-2005 09:42 PM

- Satelites to daily NL 150

12-09-2005 10:01 PM

i'm sure you're aware that you can turn off observor chat. Why would they fix something you can do yourself already?

yvesaint 12-09-2005 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm sure you're aware that you can turn off observor chat. Why would they fix something you can do yourself already?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont want observer chat to affect my opponents deal-making decisions

Exitonly 12-09-2005 10:15 PM

- More regular big buyin tournaments. More 100's and 150's throughout the day.
- Satelites to the nightly 150. Stick a guarantee on it, attract lots of people like the party Supers.

billyjex 12-09-2005 10:16 PM

stars needs more decent buy in tournaments ($50+) for west coast insomniacs.

12-09-2005 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- More regular big buyin tournaments. More 100's and 150's throughout the day.
- Satelites to the nightly 150. Stick a guarantee on it, attract lots of people like the party Supers.

[/ QUOTE ]

While we're at it supers to the Saturday $320. Structure is great but probaly to expensive to ever get 200+ direct buy ins

KneeCo 12-09-2005 10:33 PM

- auto add-on (no exit, you aren't alone).
- ditch the 20% payouts.
- I think it would be cool (and fair) if Deep Stack tournaments awarded more TLB points than regular tournaments.
- some kind of call button for support for Ft chops instead of the email system (everyone has to press it, once support is called the tournament is paused).

12-09-2005 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-Fix the blind movement to have a dead-button system the same as in b&m tournaments. It's just ridiculous that you can skip your big blind when the player on your right busts out when you're UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. This isn't just a convenience thing; the current way that Poker Stars deals with this gives players an unfair advantage and it can be easily avoided.

120-man SnGs of varying buy-ins. I want $5.50s and $11s, and I know tons of people on this site want $55s and $109s.

12-09-2005 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

- some kind of call button for support for Ft chops instead of the email system (everyone has to press it, once support is called the tournament is paused).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... this is a great idea. There should be a button that requires everyone to press it that pauses the tournament and a button that only needs one press that calls support.

gumpzilla 12-09-2005 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Agreed. This isn't just a convenience thing; the current way that Poker Stars deals with this gives players an unfair advantage and it can be easily avoided.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is it unfair? Everybody is equally likely to suffer from it, right? By the same argument, I can say it's unfair that one player gets dealt aces 4 times in a stretch of 100 hands while I don't see them at all. The way poker is played there is a lot of stuff that's inherently unfair in this sense because it's a game of tremendous luck. I don't see why the BB getting skipped should be a big issue, though I'm open to persuasion if somebody wants to make a strong case.

12-09-2005 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is it unfair? Everybody is equally likely to suffer from it, right? By the same argument, I can say it's unfair that one player gets dealt aces 4 times in a stretch of 100 hands while I don't see them at all. The way poker is played there is a lot of stuff that's inherently unfair in this sense because it's a game of tremendous luck. I don't see why the BB getting skipped should be a big issue, though I'm open to persuasion if somebody wants to make a strong case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know... I didn't know how to word that. I guess I should just say that it increases luck and decreases skill in the tournament.

hudat 12-09-2005 11:39 PM

150-300 level!!

Turbo tourneys where your hand is folded after 15 seconds, no warning, no timebank. It would be a true Turbo then.

11t 12-09-2005 11:45 PM

All I ask is for a 6-max deep stacked tournament.

I would kill somebody to play in that.

12-09-2005 11:50 PM

I'm unoriginal:

Get rid of those [censored] stupid 20% payout structures!

Add 150/300/25 level.

Sounds silly, but maybe a $1 rebuy/$5K gurantee. I know they have the $3 rebuy, but for me, at least, there's a huge difference, as the $1 rebuy would be just right for my BR and the $3 rebuy is too high for me.

Oh, and get rid of those [censored] stupid 20% payout structures!

beenben 12-10-2005 12:44 AM

Here, here Exit. Like both your ideas. Here's my rebuy idea:

allow players with 500 or fewer chips during the add-on period to dump those 500 chips so that they can double double rebuy and add-on, and allow those with 2000 or fewer to dump enough chips to get down to 1500 so that they can single rebuy and add-on. This is for those situations where a player had 1545 in chips and went all in on the last hand and lost and now can only get to 3545- a tremendous disadvantage.

Also, allow rebuys during the add-on period. If you're at the last table to break, and lose a hand, you can't rebuy; while players at tables that broke earlier can rebuy while waiting for the break to start.

12-10-2005 12:57 AM

Triple Draw
Ability to Change your avatar more than once
Do more advertising to bring in more bad players

Jeremy517 12-10-2005 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems to me that it should be reset more often than that. Maybe every break or every other break?

12-10-2005 01:07 AM

A daily $30 NL Holdem deep stack tourney at the usual 18:15.

add the 150/300 level... hate PStar's level jumps. I think there's more levels that could be added besides just this one.

Throw out the 20% payout... I feel a 15% in tourneys with over 1000 people or 2000 people might be appreciated but the normal 10% is fine by me.

Auto addon would be appreciated... so I don't have to wait for break to start.

You can ask PS support to turn off viewer chat when they come to the final table... will turn it off for whole table not just you.

12-10-2005 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Triple Draw

[/ QUOTE ]

You can change your avatar whenever you want, just takes like a day to process through.

CardSharpCook 12-10-2005 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All I ask is for a 6-max deep stacked tournament.

I would really like to play in that.

[/ QUOTE ]

(I can't stand violence)

12-10-2005 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Triple Draw

[/ QUOTE ]

You can change your avatar whenever you want, just takes like a day to process through.

[/ QUOTE ]

How come it always says "Please choose your new image carefully, you will not be allowed to change it again."???

12-10-2005 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Triple Draw

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How come it always says "Please choose your new image carefully, you will not be allowed to change it again."???

[/ QUOTE ]

yea I don't know why it says that, but you can definitely change it.. I changed mine recently, I know exit also changed his from the TC NJ thing .