Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   2+2 table with 250xBB micro-limit stacks...button vs. SB hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=186011)

Garland 01-29-2005 12:54 AM

2+2 table with 250xBB micro-limit stacks...button vs. SB hand

The table is pretty tight and aggressive as it's filled with 2+2ers. How was this played on all streets by both participants?

All comments appreciated.

Garland

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) converter

CO ($5.62)
Garland ($6.88)
SB ($5.06)
BB ($3.58)
UTG ($12.87)
UTG+1 ($6.70)
MP1 ($4.81)
MP2 ($5.20)

Preflop: Garland is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Garland raises to $0.06</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Garland raises to $0.8</font>, SB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.62) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Garland bets $1.02</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $4.26</font>, Garland calls $3.24...

Frenchie 01-29-2005 01:10 AM

Re: 2+2 table with 250xBB micro-limit stacks...button vs. SB hand

I was the SB in this hand with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

TheWorstPlayer 01-29-2005 06:56 AM

I like villain's play. I don't really like how you played your hand.

Preflop: The raise is good. Once you get re-raised it can be a real re-raise or it can be crap. Re-re-raising is not terrible because it helps you find out where you are. If he calls, you can assume a legit re-raising hand I think. Still, I might just call the re-raise because I think that is more likely how you would play AA or KK (but maybe you don't - I do, though).

Flop: You know that you are against a legit re-raising hand so you know (or should know) that he is going to check/raise you here. You should just take the free card! You have a great draw. The A is good 1/3 or 1/4 of the time (assuming he would play AA/KK/QQ/(JJ?) like this) and the Q might even be good if he has JJ (or TT??). A diamond is definitely good. So why let him check/raise you? There is NO WAY he is folding in this situation and you are behind with a great draw. Sounds like the PERFECT place to take the free card. You paid 2x the pot for a draw you could have had for free. And if you hit, there is a decent chance he pays you off anyways since he has an overpair and won't necessarily put you on the flush draw. You could just as easily have AKo/AQo. And in this specific case, he will have a hard time not paying you off because he probably thinks his Kd is good if he hits another diamond, assuming one hits on the turn.

mythrilfox 01-29-2005 07:05 AM

I thought people were supposed to take this table seriously. Getting to where you did, you obviously have to get it all-in on the flop regardless, but are you really telling me you're 3-betting AQs preflop against a TA table in, say, a 1/2 game or a 2/4 game?

emil3000 01-29-2005 12:05 PM

It seems very reasonable that garland has the best hand despite that reraise, more so in fact, than if this was a typical 1/2 table. Regardless, I dont think I like the threebet. You have position, and a hand that plays fairly well on flops. Calling seems like a much better option.

After you get raised on the flop you should push right? Otherwise I like the infinitite odds thing and would check behind.

EDIT: OK, so SB pushed, didn't see. Calling is obvious.

ohkanada 01-29-2005 12:51 PM

Your reraise PF seems a bit large. I think a pot size RR would be 65 cents or so. Flop play looks fine.

Your opponent looks like he played it fine, although if he did have KK, I might just push PF.

Ken

ohkanada 01-29-2005 12:53 PM

Well a TA in the SB, knows that the button is probably stealing. So SB may be re-stealing with many hands that are worse than AQs.

Ken

Tilt 01-29-2005 02:06 PM

The reraising preflop is awful IMO. AQ is not a good hand for that against TAG's.

mythrilfox 01-29-2005 03:54 PM

The fact that he may be re-stealing makes this hand worth a call, not a re-raise.

Leo Bello 01-29-2005 04:13 PM

And what about calling the all-in bet with only a flush draw and two overcards against someone very confident about his own hand. It seems like a hand played without reading the opponent.