Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   let me have it (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=113202)

eyekast 08-15-2004 06:07 PM

let me have it

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, Button folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

eyekast 08-15-2004 06:09 PM

Re: let me have it

i think maybe i should have bet the flop.. what else could i do to gain more bets?

Nottom 08-15-2004 06:16 PM

I really have no clue why you didn't raise the flop.

ncboiler 08-15-2004 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think maybe i should have bet the flop.. what else could i do to gain more bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

SB bet the flop for you. He gave you a perfect raise opportunity.

Blarg 08-15-2004 07:52 PM

Either he didn't have confidence in his jack kicker, or he wanted to keep the non-betting player in on the flop and try to get an extra big bet out of him with a turn raise instead of forcing him out too early on the flop.

Neither of which seems like a good idea.

Alobar 08-16-2004 02:37 AM

raise the flop

Vern 08-16-2004 02:57 AM

Raise the flop, you already have a player trapped between you and the button may fold anyway.

eyekast 08-16-2004 11:20 AM

i should have raised the flop but sb was a tight but good player who folded all of his hands from the small blind the previous 3 times and i felt that in his position a raise meant he had AA, AK, AQ maybe even a set so i wanted to play slowly and see what the turn brought. stupid??

Entity 08-16-2004 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i should have raised the flop but sb was a tight but good player who folded all of his hands from the small blind the previous 3 times and i felt that in his position a raise meant he had AA, AK, AQ maybe even a set so i wanted to play slowly and see what the turn brought. stupid??

[/ QUOTE ]
Not stupid, but still weak. You've got a very strong hand, and not raising it is a mistake. If you get 3-bet, you get more information about how strong SB's hand really is (from the turn, it's pretty obvious to me his hand wasn't that strong).

Rob

SA-Bishop 08-16-2004 11:49 AM

So because a relatively tight player led out betting, you instantly fear AA or a better kicker? Don't be scared of him, you have a good hand and the flop is the perfect place to gain information. If he 3-bets it you can slow down, but you can't be scared every time someone bets into you. If he is slowplaying a monster, so be it, but you've got to raise here to take control of the hand.