Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   sickest laydown ever (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=341485)

johnsy 09-21-2005 03:16 PM

sickest laydown ever

just finished a good session at the $400 5-10 Hollywood park no limit game when i went over to a friends $200 table and saw a hand go down that i wouldnt have believed unless i saw it with my own eyes. Button is agro player. Overthinks hands and makes wierd plays. His opponent is a regular who is a mild donk. Anyway on to the hand.
1 ep limps. 2 lp limp. Button raises to 25 straight with red 7s. All fold to Lp mild donk.He calls. they are both about 900 behind.
Heads up to the flop of Kd 9c 7c.....60 in the pot
Lp donk bets $200 button folds faceup...WTF?
Now me personally i wouldnt have made this laydown. Whats your line and why? The donk showed his hand. Results to follow

Yeti 09-21-2005 03:29 PM

Re: sickest laydown ever

How can you call a $200 bet here a donkbet?

Anyway, it's a ridiculously easy call and the results in this particular instance don't change that.

LetYouDown 09-21-2005 03:33 PM

The only way I'm getting away from this (and not even sure I could) is if I had seen a VERY strong pattern from the "mild donk" previously where he only overbet monster hands/the nuts. Against an unknown, I'm calling every time. LP shows 9-9? So what. Results oriented = bad.

riverboatking 09-21-2005 04:02 PM

this is an easy fold.
you should being playing mid pocket pairs for four card straights, and little else.
anyone who starts overplaying sets heads up is destined to go broke and quickly.

Dominic 09-21-2005 05:10 PM

why are you playing 77 in the first place if you dont like that flop?

I think he's just a donk.

iceman5 09-21-2005 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is an easy fold.
you should being playing mid pocket pairs for four card straights, and little else.
anyone who starts overplaying sets heads up is destined to go broke and quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people will probably think your actually serious

ObnxNole 09-21-2005 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are kidding right?

ObnxNole 09-21-2005 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
So wrong.

TheWorstPlayer 09-21-2005 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
So wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
As if embarassing yourself once wasn't bad enough. Nice hand. It shouldn't have to be said, but he was obviously joking.

fsuplayer 09-21-2005 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
So wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are an idiot.