Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Det/GB Safety/No Safety (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396498)

mmbt0ne 12-12-2005 12:15 AM

Det/GB Safety/No Safety

HORRIBLE call reversal just now by the refs. Obvious holding by the o-line in the endzone, and the penalty is called from the 1. Also, Gado threw the ball out of the endzone, while in the grasp, and no penalty there.

BTW, GB just got a first down after the non-penalty. Amazing.

Russ McGinley 12-12-2005 12:17 AM

Re: Det/GB Safety/No Safety

Somebody is watching this game?

mmbt0ne 12-12-2005 12:19 AM

Eh, I'm at home b/c of a dentist appointment tomorrow. Nothing else going on around here.

McGahee 12-12-2005 12:21 AM

Plus they fumbled and were ruled 'down by contact'.

IggyWH 12-12-2005 12:21 AM

The penalty enforcement was wrong because it was holding in the endzone, but the way the rule is written, what Gado did and what the refs called was correct.

Gado was behind the line, he was out of the pocket, and he threw the ball to the line of scrimage.

Clarkmeister 12-12-2005 12:25 AM

More slobbering over a guy who is clearly in the bottom half of NFL QB's right now. gack.

bowens 12-12-2005 12:40 AM

So, is this game good or bad? I can't decide. Of course, it might also be the megadoses of cold medicine I'm on. Even sick and on drugs, I hate the ESPN guys. Ugh. This is stupid...

damaniac 12-12-2005 12:40 AM

You can tell the officiating is good when they go to OT, and nobody has or can find a coin.

TheRover 12-12-2005 12:41 AM

They should have roshamboed for it.

damaniac 12-12-2005 12:41 AM

Its good in the sense that there are two evenly-matched teams and it is close and competitive. It isn't in the sense that the reason for this is the teams are terrible, and the officiating ain't much better.

banditbdl 12-12-2005 12:47 AM

Everything about this game is terrible. The players on both teams are bad, the coaches for both teams are schizophrenic and confused, the announcing is predictably ridiculous, and the officials can't get a call right or even manage to have a coin on them for the OT coin toss.

This game has transcended to a level of unintentional comedy gold I thought was only possible coming from Hollywood.

TheNoodleMan 12-12-2005 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy carp, that would be great!

Russ McGinley 12-12-2005 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Traditional or South Park version?

MEbenhoe 12-12-2005 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

those not watching this game just missed the funniest/worst argument ever about whether or not to kick the field goal on 3rd down.

TheRover 12-12-2005 12:52 AM

Hey, it's not like those last three yards from Gado cost me money or anything. I'm gonna go drink some bleach.

banditbdl 12-12-2005 12:52 AM

No Reggie for you.

MEbenhoe 12-12-2005 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No Reggie for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Brian #2,

I hate you.

That is all,
Matt

bowens 12-12-2005 12:55 AM

My God, they are terrible... kind of like the Lions....

Russ McGinley 12-12-2005 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

those not watching this game just missed the funniest/worst argument ever about whether or not to kick the field goal on 3rd down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they argue about this every week. They're like an old married couple now.

MEbenhoe 12-12-2005 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd just like to add, is it possible to get a transcript of the announcers from these games? If so this discussion is seriously comedic gold IMO.

Russ McGinley 12-12-2005 01:28 AM

I'm such a nice guy, and I haven't changed the channel so I can still rewind it, so here you go:

Mike Patrick (MP): They're down to the 10!

Paul Maguire (PM): Kick it! Mike you kick that thing now. You kick it on 3rd down and I'll tell you why. Because if you make some kind of mistake, you've got another down. If they muff the snap--

Joe Theismann (JT): I don't agree with that.

PM: I know you don't.

JT: No, I think you run it, you put it right in the middle of the football field.

PM (sighs): You think it means that much to Longwell? It's about as far- its about as close to the middle as you're gonna get, and you've got THIRD DOWN!

JT: Eh, maybe you pick up a first down here. I think you put it in the middle of the football field for him. Make it as easy as possible.

MP: Well its not like the hashmarks make a whole lot of difference in the NFL, does it?

JT: Well, I dunno. Having never done that...

(next play is run)

PM: The only reason I say that, do it on 3rd down, because you're about as far as you're gonna go anyway, and if for some reason or other you have a bad snap, you have another down.

MP: Well, if it was cold, I would agree with you. But it's so nice tonight! {note: witty sarcasm}

PM: Well I tell you what, I don't get cold Mike. The only thing that happens to me, my nose runs a little bit.

MP: It's gained 1200 yards by itself tonight!

PM: Tee hee!

damaniac 12-12-2005 01:31 AM

Something to the effect of "Well you're being tackled in your own endzone, you may as well try to throw it/fumble it forward, you have nothing to lose."

Except for the other team recovering on your 1 yard line, giving up 7 instead of 2.

MEbenhoe 12-12-2005 01:33 AM

BRILLIANT!!!!

thanks russ

thatpfunk 12-12-2005 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Something to the effect of "Well you're being tackled in your own endzone, you may as well try to throw it/fumble it forward, you have nothing to lose."

Except for the other team recovering on your 1 yard line, giving up 7 instead of 2.

[/ QUOTE ]
this was pissing me off beyond belief as well

Oski 12-12-2005 01:15 PM

Didn't mind it. Sometimes for the hell of it, I bet on the safety. Last night, I put $10 to win $140 on the safety. Because my friend was making other plays, I just told him to put the bet in for me.

After the game started, I saw that he put the $10 on "will the game go to overtime." instead, and on accident. The bet paid $130.