Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   AK ITM vs action (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=303568)

11t 07-29-2005 08:24 PM

AK ITM vs action

Sorry, I am having troubles with the converter.

Both players were playing pretty tight, so I figured I was up against at least a pair/my outs tied up.

Seat 1: Villun (2830)
Seat 6: KiwiMel (2290)
Seat 8: redrobincl (2880)
redrobincl posts small blind (200)
Villun posts big blind (400)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Villun [ Ah, Kd ]
KiwiMel raises (2290) to 2290
KiwiMel is all-In.
redrobincl raises (2680) to 2880
redrobincl is all-In.
Villun...

TStokes 07-29-2005 08:59 PM

Re: AK ITM vs action

Maybe I am playing to tight here but I think that I would lay this down. I think that if you lay this down you are assuring yourself second with a decent shot heads up.

TStokes 07-29-2005 09:04 PM

Thinking more about this hand I am not sure if folding is right here. I would not mind hearing what some others have to say.

psyduck 07-29-2005 09:05 PM

I call here. Thing is that if both you and Kiwi lose to Red, you still get 2nd.

Play for first, settle for 3rd (which is unlikely in this case)

valenzuela 07-29-2005 09:10 PM

I didnt even read ure post, all I saw is ITM and 400 big blinds, my chips are in the middle no matter what, no matter what.

brimstone1 07-29-2005 09:42 PM

With AK, this is a certain/immediate fold for me.
Actually, I think (and I'm probably wrong), but if we're playing for first, take only AA here.

I would need an amazing read, to the level of literally knowing what cards they held here... even then (cards face-up) I'd probably not take a three-way AK ITM.

Let me know harshly if I'm completely off-track/mistaken.

valenzuela 07-29-2005 09:45 PM

wtf??ure wrong. if u fold KK here ure a big idiot.

kasey2004 07-29-2005 09:50 PM

i get in this hand and take a shot at it all.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

07-29-2005 09:51 PM

I put it in. I think the chances you are up against two smaller pairs, like jacks and nines or something exceeds the chance that you are dominated. Plus theres always the miracle that they both have AQ (this just happened to me 2 hours ago, my AK vs 2 people w/ AQs with four people left)

rusty090 07-29-2005 09:58 PM

My first instinct would be call as whenever I see AK, I become like a bull in a china shop (which is a complete leak, one I'm trying to fix right now). Staring at this hand for about ten minutes, with all of the numbers and figures easily accessible, I fold. Losing here you are either out of it or in a really terrible position for the next hand. Winning it, which might not happen often if you really feel like both players have one or more of your cards, would put you in a good position for first. If you fold though, I think you're guaranteed 2nd. It's gambling for 1st or playing it safe for second.

I think in the heat of the moment, I'd call and be happy with 3rd if I lost the coin flip.