Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Miguel Tejada Demands Trade (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394482)

nolanfan34 12-09-2005 02:46 AM

Re: Miguel Tejada Demands Trade

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I want him wearing a compass on his hat next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG Miggy!! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]it would be a perfect fit for us too. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't happen though, we have no one to trade, and the front office LOVES Betancourt at SS. They're convinced he's the next Vizquel.

Guess the M's shopped Meche to the O's, and they weren't interested. Maybe Reed and Pineiro though?

ThaSaltCracka 12-09-2005 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the front office LOVES Betancourt at SS. They're convinced he's the next Vizquel.

[/ QUOTE ] This makes no sense. They LOVE him because they think he is the next Vizquel?

Jim Kuhn 12-09-2005 01:03 PM

Isn't Vizquel considered to be one the best fielding shortstops since Ozzie? He also has 2300 hits for his career. In his prime I think he was way underrated and one of the top shortstops in the major leagues. He was the prototypical 80's and 90's shortstop. Good fielding, speed and base hitter.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Clarkmeister 12-09-2005 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't Vizquel considered to be one the best fielding shortstops since Ozzie? He also has 2300 hits for his career. In his prime I think he was way underrated and one of the top shortstops in the major leagues. He was the prototypical 80's and 90's shortstop. Good fielding, speed and base hitter.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vizquel ruled.

Boris 12-09-2005 01:31 PM

OMG! are you kidding me? You think Eckstein plays better defense at SS?

Jack of Arcades 12-09-2005 04:56 PM

Boris,

Eckstein's got pretty good range. People underestimate him because he lollipops all his throws to 1B.

Boris 12-09-2005 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boris,

Eckstein's got pretty good range. People underestimate him because he lollipops all his throws to 1B.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. But I still don't see how this makes him a better defender than Tejada.

[censored] 12-09-2005 06:51 PM

it's hard for me to imagine a scenerio where Tejada is traded to another AL East team. I don't think the Redsox trade ManRam and I think Tejada stays put as well.

sublime 12-09-2005 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's hard for me to imagine a scenerio where Tejada is traded to another AL East team. I don't think the Redsox trade ManRam and I think Tejada stays put as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

bugstud 12-09-2005 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cubs