Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Someone's gotta be fired on the Yanks (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=265009)

shadyridr 06-03-2005 09:21 AM

Someone\'s gotta be fired on the Yanks

Either Cashman or Stottlemyre. Actually, in a prefect world it would be Steinbrenner but that's not gonna happen. This team has become a laughing stock. Some great moves this offseason: signing one year wonders Pavano & Wright, trading proven young stud who had 1 rough half due to shoulder tightness in Vazquez for a 41 year old (who we then extended for 3 years), also trading in that deal a young catcher and Brad Halsey who has an ERA under 3.00, letting Leiber go. Our best pitcher is Chien Ming-Wang for God sakes.

hoopsie44 06-03-2005 09:35 AM

Re: Someone\'s gotta be fired on the Yanks

What input did Stottlemyre have on any of these moves ? And did you feel the same way about the Johnson trade when it was completed back in December ?

shadyridr 06-03-2005 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What input did Stottlemyre have on any of these moves ? And did you feel the same way about the Johnson trade when it was completed back in December ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't on this board yet so I guess you'll just have to trust me but I told everyone I liked Vazquez and didnt want to deal him. If they couldve gotten Johnson another way I wouldnt have minded but I know that was not possible. I did not like the deal at all.

bisonbison 06-03-2005 09:38 AM

How about firing Womack, Williams and Giambi? That'd be a start.

Oh, wait, no better options in the farm system, no prospects to trade, huge bloated contracts.

Have fun!

hoopsie44 06-03-2005 09:46 AM

I agree with you. Anytime you trade a 28 year old pitcher for a 41 year old plus throw in 2 prospects it is a dangerous move. But it cracks me up when I hear all these media types rip the Yankees for the trade and back when the trade was made the general consensus was that the Johnson trade would assure the Yanks the World Series this year. Speaking of bad moves, I'd rather have Miguel Cairo instead of Tony Womack and letting Jon Leiber go was a mistake.

shadyridr 06-03-2005 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, wait, no better options in the farm system, no prospects to trade, huge bloated contracts.

Have fun!

[/ QUOTE ]

Womack misplayed an easy line drive yesterday in LF. Womack should be moved back to 2B, Williams to LF, and Cano back to the minors. I like Cano but he's a rookie and needs some more developmental time.

shadyridr 06-03-2005 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of bad moves, I'd rather have Miguel Cairo instead of Tony Womack

[/ QUOTE ]

When they did this move I hated it and wouldve agreed with you but I think now it was the right move. Womack adds a dimension you just cant get with Cairo in speed.

bd8802 06-03-2005 10:12 AM

and when they go on another little mini-winning streak (by sweeping the devil rays and tigers) everyone will jump back on the Yankee band-wagon. It is really sickening.

YANKEES IS TH3 SUCK / AW3SOME (circle one depending on week)

But watching the Royals sweep them was [censored] awesome.

Voltron87 06-03-2005 10:19 AM

Obviously these last 5 games have not been fun. I still like our chances, but the series against the Royals has been a huge setback.

Jack of Arcades 06-03-2005 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Have fun!

[/ QUOTE ]

Womack misplayed an easy line drive yesterday in LF. Womack should be moved back to 2B, Williams to LF, and Cano back to the minors. I like Cano but he's a rookie and needs some more developmental time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Womack should not be starting over Cano.