Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Taking a Flyer, Want Suggestions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366622)

FishNChips 10-27-2005 01:05 PM

Taking a Flyer, Want Suggestions

I love sports, I love gambling, I built a little poker bankroll and decided to take a small stab at this sports betting thing.

I took $100 from my poker 'roll and put it into Pinnacle and I've made some plays this year ... and done badly. I'm down to $55 left and I've come to the conclusion that I have neither the time, nor the energy, nor the patience to really do this thing right so I'm giving up on it.

The thing is, I've still got $55 in Pinny, but they'll take $15 if I just cash out. So I thought I'd take one flyer with the rest of my bankroll and see what happens.

So, I'd like to get all $55 down on a parlay or a teaser or some other long-shot-ish type bet that will pay 10:1 or greater. I'd prefer that half the games be NFL because I just friggin love it, but I'm open to other suggestions.

So, take my $55, put a ticket together that's going to pay 10:1 or better and offer the suggestion here.

As a thank you ... if I take you're play and it hits I'll transfer $25 to you through Neteller (I'll pay fees) or through a poker site.

I'm 100% serious on this -- my $55 is getting dropped on something this weekend and I'd like to see what you guys suggest.

I'll post my play when I place the wager.

*** fine print: If 2 posters offer the same suggestion the first poster gets credit for it.

Thanks,
FishNChips

Ken_AA 10-27-2005 01:18 PM

Re: Taking a Flyer, Want Suggestions

All Money Line wagers......... (in a Parlay)

MIN Vikings +265 Carolina hasn't looked outstanding, and maybe the Vikes are gonna get it going....

TEN Titans EV Oakland can't be a road Favorite to anyone.

TB Buccaneers -650 SF looks pretty bad, however there at home, but the Bucs had a week to get ready.

NE Patriots -390 The Bills are pretty bad, AND the Pats need this one.

Its fun to bet with other peoples money.

Ken

tolga 10-27-2005 01:21 PM

I wouldn't put my enemies money on the vikings.

10-27-2005 01:27 PM

4 team parlays pay ~10-1

W.Michigan -7
Steelers -9
Saints -2.5
Texans/Browns over 37

Stretched out over 3 days of football fun [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

10-27-2005 01:29 PM

I think you're better off putting it all on a cfb game tonight, and if you win you're back up to 100 and start all over again. If you're determined to make around 400-500, you can bet it all again on a game on fri or sat, and if you win again, put it all on an nfl game. It is also not very likely to win that many games in a row, but its so easy for one team to ruin a parlay.

Anyway if you're set on this, I like the Jacksonville Jaguars at -3 with Bulger, Bruce, and Holt being questionable.

Virginia Tech -13.5 tonight
West Michigan -7 over akron
Good feeling on TCU -6 over SDSU (they've just been playing bad)
isn't that around 10 to 1?

If not Patriots at -9
and Chargers -6 over chiefs if you're feeling greedy

tolga 10-27-2005 01:30 PM

6 part parlay, big gamble, huge payout. tonight's game is on here, so you'd have to get it in soon...

Viriginia tech -13.5
western michigan -7 (akron is terrible)
north texas/lsu OVER 50.5 (LSU could win this by 60)
Giants -2
Eagles 3.5 (this is my sketchy one, but you want 3 nfl plays. denver is good at home, but the eagles D is on some next level sh**)
Pittsburgh -10 (more points than I'd like to lay...but if the first 5 work out for you, this will either give you a very entertaining monday night, or you can dump a few hundred into your account and hedge for a nice little profit)

good luck

mrbaseball 10-27-2005 01:44 PM

Split it 4 ways and bet each NFC North team to win the Superbowl.

Bears 60-1
Lions 80-1
Vikings 99-1
Packers 200-1

One of them will be in the playoffs. With a few breaks and plane crashes who knows? Maybe one of them makes history [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

whipsaw 10-27-2005 02:29 PM

5 NFL plays, since you love them so much. I also threw in some games that will be televised everywhere (sun night/monday). This parlay is $$$.

Cowboys/Cardinals Under 40

Under is 4-0 last four regular season meetings between these two, as they always play each other tight. Under is 3-0 in Dallas's last three. Cardinals can't score on anybody, and constantly get field goals when they should get TDs. This one could be 30-0 for the under.

Redskins/Giants Over 42.5 (some places 41 or 42)

Over is 5-2 in these teams' last seven against each other. The G-men play really well at home, and the Redskins offense has been on FIRE. Over is 3-1 in the Giants' last four home games, and 4-0 in Washington's last four overall. Lots of TDs in this game.

Pittsburgh -11 vs. Ravens

The Ravens are a sorry act on the road, going 0-3 ATS so far this year. Pit is 3-1 ATS in their last four meetings, and 6-2 in their last eight. The favorite has covered the spread a lot in this series, even between these two rivals.

Patriots -9.5 vs. Buffalo

Buffalo is 0-3 ATS in their last three on the road, and the Pats are 7-2 ATS in these teams' last nine meetings. The favorite has covered in each of the last five meetings between them. The Pats have played two on the road the last two weeks, and will really enjoy lighting it up at home to avenge for that debacle against San Diego three weeks ago at Foxboro. Pats huge.

Chicago/Detroit under 32.5

Good Under play between these division rivals. Under is 7-2 last nine between them. Under is 5-1 in Chicago's last six overall, and 5-2-1 in Detroit's last eight. Chicago has one of the best D's in the game, and Detroit has been good ATS at home, so expect a dog fight. 10-7 or 13-10 wouldn't surprise me at all in this game.

Hope you take my parlay and win all five! Good luck no matter what you play--let us know so we can follow with ya.

Irieguy 10-27-2005 04:44 PM

Dude,

You can't call it a flyer if you are wagering $55.

Can you?

Irieguy

FishNChips 10-27-2005 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude,

You can't call it a flyer if you are wagering $55.

Can you?

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point... clearly its not a High Flyer, but as its is my entire sports wagering bankroll and I'm looking to take a one time all or nothing big payout or bust shot, I think that "flyer" is a reasonable term for it.

But yeah, $55 is kinda sad use of the term.

Any suggestions for how to throw this $$$ away?

FishNChips