Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   KQ flop decision (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=370903)

NLSoldier 11-03-2005 04:46 AM

KQ flop decision

Villian is unknown. Hasnt been at the table long.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($447.58)
MP ($600)
Button ($727.45)
SB ($194.20)
BB ($590.90)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Qd, Kc. SB posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $20, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($49) Kd, Jh, Ts <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $47</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $125</font>,

What my line from here?

Jeff W 11-03-2005 05:05 AM

Re: KQ flop decision

[ QUOTE ]
What my line from here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold?

Murderous 11-03-2005 12:18 PM

Save yourself some money next time and check/call the flop. Soo many hands beat you (i.e. JJ, TT, AQ, AK, KJ, JT) and if you hit your draw its not unlikely villian will have hit his as well.

This is a good example why KQ from early position/OOP is terrible - its difficult to determine where you're at when facing strength.

At this point do whatever you feel like. You choose.

-M

ahnuld 11-03-2005 12:22 PM

Fold, are you kidding? He could easily have something like QJ. Checking that flop is horrible to whoever said that. I like calling, but I like moving in better, especially if he would have reraised you with KK JJ TT preflop.

wiggs73 11-03-2005 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a good example why KQ from early position/OOP is terrible - its difficult to determine where you're at when facing strength.

[/ QUOTE ]

But check-calling the flop doesn't make this about 10x more difficult? Also, if you aren't raising KQs at a 5 handed table, then you probably don't belong at a 5 handed table.

As for the hand, I think a fold is fine.

youngin20 11-03-2005 12:27 PM

Ok, but he ALSO would have called with something like KJ. Actually, I think KJ or JT are very likely here. However its 75 more to you, and you can bust him on the turn or river with an ace or nine. call here, see what he does on the turn.

wiggs73 11-03-2005 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, but he ALSO would have called with something like KJ. Actually, I think KJ or JT are very likely here. However its 75 more to you, and you can bust him on the turn or river with an ace or nine. call here, see what he does on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so convinced that villain stacks you with 2 pair on a board of AKJT.

etizzle 11-03-2005 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I like moving in better

[/ QUOTE ]

wow

flawless_victory 11-03-2005 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but I like moving in better

[/ QUOTE ]

wow

[/ QUOTE ]
so funny.. little ahnuld has entered the LAG phase...

Murderous 11-03-2005 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold, are you kidding? He could easily have something like QJ. Checking that flop is horrible to whoever said that. I like calling, but I like moving in better, especially if he would have reraised you with KK JJ TT preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

How's that exactly? Checking gives you more options and reverse-implied odds comes to mind.

Can hero assume villian will re-raise preflop with JJ or TT here? Why risk so much hoping for villian to turn over QJ? Won't that be fun to chop it when the draw comes with so many chippies in the middle?

Heh..."horrible".