Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   i play some poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=334356)

bakku 09-11-2005 09:35 AM

i play some poker

live game in san diego. moved from a broken table so first orbit

EP raises..at the other table saw him limp with AQo UTG and raise 99 UTG+1 after UTG limper, guy next to him calls, i 3-bet A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in MP, button says 'raised to me?' dealer replies '3-bets', he puts out 4 bets.

flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
button bets, EP calls, guy folds, i call

turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
checked around

river: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
EP bets, i call..

TStoneMBD 09-11-2005 11:03 AM

Re: i play some poker

you should bet the turn. i think a raise is also appropriate on the river, but its close.

TheHammer24 09-11-2005 12:05 PM

I don't see the logic in not betting the turn. Unless you are going for a check raise, in which case, I also think that is incorrect. I think you missed bets. The river, I think a raise is correct, although it is close since EP will often fold and button will often overcall, in which case I think smooth calling the river is fair.

I don't get the checking the turn through though.

09-11-2005 12:13 PM

Are you worried about the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? Only one way to find it.

SackUp 09-11-2005 12:18 PM

c/r the flop

lead the turn

What limit is this? where in SD?

Shillx 09-11-2005 01:59 PM

This is how I would play it. Everyone is either drawing dead or you are drawing dead, so there is really no need to get aggressive. By not betting the turn you a) save $$$ if you get check/raised or raised and b) might induce a bluff on the river from a hand that would fold to a turn bet.

I don't think betting the turn in this case is bad as it probably has value, but this is the correct mindset behind these hand. If you held J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for example, your play would be perfect without question.

Brad

KDawgCometh 09-11-2005 02:16 PM

I'd like to see a bet on the turn. I like the call on the river to encourage an overcall from the button.

what is your plan if the button raises

Chris Daddy Cool 09-12-2005 06:47 AM

bump for the kids.

aK13 09-12-2005 07:02 AM

Button here is the main concern. While his range is probably larger than just AA[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the turn, he's probably going to fold all but ones that are beating us, which will raise, and force us to call down with a losing hand.

If we check, he will bet the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and check all others, gaining us information that we need.

As for the river, we know button doesn't have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], but EP might have been trying some stupid fancy C/R with his A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] , so we call to try and get an overcall so we lose less when behind.

In the heat of it, I would probably have bet out the turn, but I think I like it here, given the relative position of the PF capper to us.

newhizzle 09-12-2005 07:02 AM

i like betting or c/r the flop, but the bigger issue is why are you not betting the turn, and i probly raise river