Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Set - too much/too little? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403673)

Roy6 12-22-2005 08:25 PM

Set - too much/too little?

I have only 30 hands on this guy, 50/20 so far, seems overaggro what I can remember of.

5-handed, I raise Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] first in, BB 3-bets, I cap

Flop is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He bets, I raise, he 3-bets, I call

Turn is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He bets and it's capped

River is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He bets, I raise, he 3-bets, I call

12-22-2005 08:36 PM

Re: Set - too much/too little?

I like this line, either this or just call a river bet. But does he 3-bet JT in this position, and does he give you credit for QQ from the SB?

True

imported_leader 12-22-2005 08:40 PM

I like it

jba 12-22-2005 08:43 PM

looks about right.

scotty34 12-23-2005 12:31 AM

What position did you have here? I think it does make a bit of a difference from UTG and Button in terms of BB's 3-betting range.

I'm quite tempted to cap the river here. I don't think even 50/20's 3-bet JTs PF very often from the BB, and much more rarely JTo.

Let's try and put some likely combos out there though. FWIW, I think the combos you are ahead of are FAR more likely holdings than those you are behind given the action.

You are behind:
JTs - 4 combos
JTo - 6 combos
Ac9c - 1 combo
Ac8c - 1 combo

You are ahead of:
99 - 3 combos
88 - 3 combos

Strictly by looking at numbers of combos, you are behind his range. However, giving proper weighting to them, I think it's very close between a call and a cap on the river.

gonzopro 12-23-2005 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
does he give you credit for QQ from the SB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero can't be SB because villian acts first.

I think we have to add AA,KK, AQ to the hands the villian might have here.

I think this looks good. Although I might cap the flop, call a turn 3-bet and a river 3-bet (or just call a river bet if a diamond fell).

kidcolin 12-23-2005 12:48 AM

If you're going to list Ac8c and Ac9c (which I think are highly unlikely), you have to list AdQd, too. Even AA and KK should get some consideration for an aggro guy.

I think you put in just about the right number of bets. Even super LAGs usually slow down on the river.

scotty34 12-23-2005 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to list Ac8c and Ac9c (which I think are highly unlikely), you have to list AdQd, too. Even AA and KK should get some consideration for an aggro guy.

I think you put in just about the right number of bets. Even super LAGs usually slow down on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right about AA/KK (not AdQd though b/c hero has the Qd), and they should be added to the list of combos we are ahead of. I think a super LAG is not ever going to slow down on the river with 88/99. Obviously he won't slow down with JT, and there is a chance he would go nuts with KK/AA.

kidcolin 12-23-2005 01:17 AM

oops.. missed the Qd. good call.