Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Definition of Nut Peddling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369131)

DRKEVDC 10-31-2005 06:21 PM

Definition of Nut Peddling

Could you guys help me out with the definition of nut peddling. I see this referenced all time and have no idea what it means. I assume that it means playing tight. Also is it considered a bad thing?

Thanks.

ipp147 10-31-2005 06:36 PM

Re: Definition of Nut Peddling

nut peddling basically means sitting back and playing tight and then putting in money post flop with the nuts.

At the lower levels it will win you money. I would say upto $100 PL Omaha at least.

At higher limits people will note that you are a nut peddler and you will make no money from your strong hands and you will get pushed out of pots when you are out of position etc.

DRKEVDC 10-31-2005 06:55 PM

Nut flush draws, wrap draws, and sets are all things that I will play aggressively, is that considered nut peddling?

joewatch 11-01-2005 01:49 AM

It ain't the nuts if you have a draw! So no...

stigmata 11-01-2005 05:57 AM

So a "true nut-peddler" is very rarely betting on the come? Do you see these types at the mid-limits?

DRKEVDC 11-01-2005 11:42 AM

Man now that I know I wish I was nut peddling last night -80BBs [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] all on draws that just didn't come in.

thekiller 11-13-2005 06:41 PM

dont bet draws then.

Filip 11-14-2005 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man now that I know I wish I was nut peddling last night -80BBs [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] all on draws that just didn't come in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope u forgot a zero and mean -800BBs otherwise......

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

DRKEVDC 11-14-2005 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dont bet draws then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will assume that you are not serious, however, are there you out there that won't bet draws? I would think that just nut peddling would:

A: be incredibly boring
B: After 2-3 orbits you would be so easy to read that, as a poster said earlier, you couldn't make any money

If 3-4 players are in in front of me and I have a wrap/nut flush draw, aren't I gettting the odds to take a card even with a pot bet?

11-17-2005 05:01 PM

I always start with nut-peddling. When the table has figured me out I start stealing pots in position.

They'll fold anything except the nuts.

After about 3 or 4 steals they'll start calling again. So then it's back to nut-peddling. And then the Circle of Omaha continues.

At the lower limits this works like a charme. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]