Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Folding trips (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347516)

mister_x 09-30-2005 08:13 AM

Folding trips

Second horbit 30/60 at PP full table.
Button stats are 28/11/1.04 after 541 hands.
Everyone folds and I raise in the CU w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Button reraises, blinds fold and I call
Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I check, he bets, I call.
Turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I check, he bets, I raise, he reraise and I fold.
Comments?

09-30-2005 09:55 AM

Re: Folding trips

I only call this down if my opp is very tricky and very aggro. Some players at this level will 3-bet a hand like KK QQ here to increase the liklihood of you folding a weak ace as well as get to a free showdown

09-30-2005 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone folds and I raise in the CU w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Button reraises, blinds fold and I call
Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a horrible fold, You have 6 outs to a tie and 3 outs to a victory if you are trailing, but you could easily still have the best hand!!

IndieMatty 09-30-2005 10:46 AM

Glad I raised my A7s. Bad fold.

InfernoLL 09-30-2005 11:10 AM

Way to outplay yourself. The raise/fold line is used too much. You have trips and could be splitting with any ace worse than AT. If you're behind you can split with a lot of river cards. If he has an underfull you have outs for the whole pot. What's the thinking here?

DcifrThs 09-30-2005 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]
man, i dont think ive used the word "attrotious" (sp?) so many times in 1 week.

ugly and bad i guess will do.

Barron

09-30-2005 12:47 PM

What about a check-call turn, donk safe river. I'ld rather use this line than check-raise where no worse hand is calling me a lot of times and I could get 3 bet and put to a very tough decision like this. Or even a donk turn , call raise, call down.

DeeJ 09-30-2005 02:16 PM

atrocious

yw

jogger08152 10-01-2005 09:44 PM

I agree that he should call, but how many outs do you think he has if villain holds AJ? How about against AT?

Answer: <font color="white">zero outs to win in both cases, and 2 and 5 to tie, respectively. </font>