Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Iron & Wine / Calexico @ Webster Hall Tonight (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392817)

Macdaddy Warsaw 12-06-2005 05:55 PM

Iron & Wine / Calexico @ Webster Hall Tonight

Any of you hipsters going? I'll be there because I'm forcing myself to go alone based on how much I like the collaboration and the fact that I have two people who've gone to a different show and said it was awesome.

IndieMatty 12-06-2005 05:56 PM

Re: Iron & Wine / Calexico @ Webster Hall Tonight

Sufjan played with them last night. I will not be in attendance.

Macdaddy Warsaw 12-06-2005 05:58 PM

Yes...I am aware that Sufjan played with them yesterday. Yes, I am bitter I did not go yesterday.

pooh74 12-06-2005 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes...I am aware that Sufjan played with them yesterday. Yes, I am bitter I did not go yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw iron and wine there earlier this year...for whatever reason I didnt have the best time (not for not liking the music I guess). Saw sufjan at bowery this summer and that was great!

IndieMatty 12-06-2005 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw iron and wine there earlier this year...for whatever reason I didnt have the best time (not for not liking the music I guess). Saw sufjan at bowery this summer and that was great!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there too. The accoustic set at symphony space blew that one away. He's playing at lincoln center in january.

istewart 12-06-2005 06:20 PM

*calling eurotrash*

pokerdirty 12-06-2005 06:21 PM

I have no idea who Iron & Wine or Calexico is, but once I saw Webster Hall, I knew I was out.

pooh74 12-06-2005 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea who Iron & Wine or Calexico is, but once I saw Webster Hall, I knew I was out.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? Cas there's no Golden Tee?

nyc999 12-06-2005 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Iron & Wine and Webster Hall actually don't seem to go together, so you might like them. Very weird venue for them.

IndieMatty 12-06-2005 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bowery Books larger shows at Webster Hall now, they kick the hipsters out before jersey comes in. I saw Bloc Party and Bright Eyes there.