Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Easy turn check? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406771)

Saborion 12-28-2005 09:43 PM

Easy turn check?

Villain is 52/17/2 over 200 hands.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.70 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Easy check?

Blunderfull1 12-28-2005 09:50 PM

Re: Easy turn check?

I would usually bet, but I dont play 5/10. I have people calling me with no real draws all the time and want to charge them when I have the best hand. With that aggression factor I would assume hes raising a king.

12-28-2005 09:50 PM

I would.

Transference 12-28-2005 10:07 PM

His stats dont look like a typical auto peeler to me so I think our fold equity is nil.

Hes pretty aggressive so we can expect to be raised on this turn a fair amount of the time, but I tend to think he raises a K on the flop pretty often. Combine that with his wide range, the presence of multiple draws and we actually appear to have a ton of equity. If you think you have any fold equity at all I'm very tempted to bet for value.

His river play is also worth a thought. He probably bets often when checked to, but how often when we hit can we successfully c/r? How often will he bet when checked to on the river with a worse hand than ours UI? What im getting at is that when we improve, we improve with scary cards that get scarier when combined with a turn c/c and were not particularily likly to get any value from hoping he bluffs.

This situation looks like a routine turn check in some ways but the specifics make me want to bet this one.

Saborion 12-29-2005 01:35 AM

Turn action

I thought he could have called with anything from a pair to gutshots on the flop, and since I didn't want to give hands like T8 or QJ a free river, and since I have up to 15 outs if behind, I bet. He raised, I called. River came J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I check-folded.

A couple of questions.
1: He will raise a king, flush draw and straight on the flop more often than on the turn?
2: He could have a ton of hands that I don't want to give a free card too given his looseness. His flop call doesn't really give us much information?
3: Are we bluff-raised here a significant amount of time?
4: What do we do on the turn if the villain had been in the BB instead of on the button, and had check-called the flop?