Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Online tells (low content) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=134853)

Nate tha' Great 10-11-2004 09:13 PM

Online tells (low content)

So I'm playing a little bit of the ol' Party 15/30 and 4-tabling. There is one player who is at two of my tables and complaing constantly about bad beats. She claims to have lost with AA thirteen times in a row; I've witnessed the last two of these beats so I suppose it's at least possible. It's clear that she's tilting but in such a way that causes her to careen between weak-tight and loose aggressive.

Anyway I pick up Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on one of my tables and open-raise. Tilty 3-bets me and I call.

We see an A44 rainbow flop heads up. I check. She pauses for a long time and bets. Immediately after she bets the following chat dialog appears at my *other* table:

"great i have kk at my other table and the flop was a44"

I think for a long time, decide that I don't have the balls, and fold.

Freudian 10-11-2004 09:22 PM

Re: Online tells (low content)

This seems like an easy raise to me. A player that is determined that the gods are against her and a dangerous flop.

But then we have the possibility of her setting you up of course... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

bicyclekick 10-11-2004 10:23 PM

Interesting.

I don't blame you one bit for folding.

Chris Daddy Cool 10-11-2004 10:30 PM

just curious:

did you not try to push her off her hand for ethical reasons?

or you didn't think she'd fold anyways?

bicyclekick 10-11-2004 10:41 PM

ethical reasons?

I don't think there is any ethical problem. She's the tard doing that and it's not like he manipulated her into telling him his hand. She could be lieing anyhow. Poker is tricky like htat and I really don't think there is ethics involved, here.

Nate tha' Great 10-11-2004 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just curious:

did you not try to push her off her hand for ethical reasons?

or you didn't think she'd fold anyways?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ethnics weren't really a factor. She was real annoying and actually threatened to physically harm another player at one point. I just wasn't sure that she'd fold often enough. She was in this weird masochistic frame of mind and I thought she might call down just to show down her "losing" hand and prove how unlucky she was.

Ryner 10-11-2004 11:15 PM

Smells like a trap to me. Run away!

Lawrence Ng 10-11-2004 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We see an A44 rainbow flop heads up. I check. She pauses for a long time and bets. Immediately after she bets the following chat dialog appears at my *other* table:

"great i have kk at my other table and the flop was a44"

[/ QUOTE ]

Hhahahahah, this is just TOO funny.

J_V 10-12-2004 02:51 AM

Good fold, I think.

uw_madtown 10-12-2004 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ethnics weren't really a factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

See now, I thought it was well established that ethnics were a factor. If you knew she was Asian (and thus, a gamboooler) then you'd have to fold worried she may hang in to try and hit her miracle 2-outer.

For example.