Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   You raise for the first time in an hour? I cold call! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=287288)

MRBAA 07-06-2005 10:40 AM

You raise for the first time in an hour? I cold call!

Loose, weak 2-4 table at Party. There are two other reasonably solid types, one to my immediate right.

In this hand, I'm the button, three players limp, tight player raises in the cut off and I have A9s.

Call, fold or three-bet?

SmileyEH 07-06-2005 10:41 AM

Re: You raise for the first time in an hour? I cold call!

fold

-SmileyEH

The_Curtain 07-06-2005 10:44 AM

Easy Fold. Three betting may isolate the TAG / Rock which could easily have you dominated.

MRBAA 07-06-2005 10:46 AM

If the BB calls the raise, which is likely in this game, and the limpers all call -- a virtual certainty -- I'll be getting 5-1 on my suited ace. And there WILL be callers if I flop good. Still a fold?

Sasnak 07-06-2005 10:47 AM

I fold w/A9s but would consider 3 betting an ATs on the button.

~

PokerBob 07-06-2005 10:47 AM

Call or fold. IMO 3-betting sucks.

axioma 07-06-2005 10:50 AM

this is a ridiculously easy fold. did you really need to post this?

[dont mean to be rude but i really dont see any disscussion on this hand?]

Sasnak 07-06-2005 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the BB calls the raise, which is likely in this game, and the limpers all call -- a virtual certainty -- I'll be getting 5-1 on my suited ace. And there WILL be callers if I flop good. Still a fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd still fold A9s here.

~

Paxosmotic 07-06-2005 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's as easy a fold as the others are saying. The tight player who raised, is he a rock? Or is he position aware and possibly raising with a wide range of hands? I don't know that calling or folding are particularly correct, it sounds like a pretty break-even situation to me.

augie00 07-06-2005 11:05 AM

If he is truly tight, this is an easy fold, and I'm also folding AT, AJ, and AQo. Well, probably not AQo. I'd probably 3-bet that. But I am too loose.