Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   AQo out of position (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395808)

private joker 12-10-2005 10:29 PM

AQo out of position

Villain is unknown. Flop and turn could go in a couple different directions I think.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

River: (9.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.70 BB

Maulik 12-10-2005 10:34 PM

Re: AQo out of position

I think the pf is a fold. you aren't suited.

the flop definately a fold you don't have any re-draws and are drawing to an A or Q.

As played 3-bet the flop and lead the river? If capped on the turn, c/call river.

Harv72b 12-10-2005 10:34 PM

This is exactly the kind of situation where I'd try a c/r on the flop. Well, not exactly since it'd be better if MP3 had folded, but good enough.

Given your flop line, I like your turn/river line. Donk the turn to make sure it doesn't check through when he's got JJ or something, and just call the raise because you don't know if he's holding a set or AK. If you felt confident enough to 3-bet here, then c/r would probably be better (because I'd imagine you'd have to read UTG as pretty bad aggressive to 3-bet, in which case you can count on him to bet the turn regardless).

Harv72b 12-10-2005 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy, easy call from the BB vs. an unknown raiser.

private joker 12-10-2005 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is exactly the kind of situation where I'd try a c/r on the flop. .

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain the beneifits of this?

Maulik 12-10-2005 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy, easy call from the BB vs. an unknown raiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

some old 2+2 mantra I beleive AQo v. unknown raiser in limit is a muck. I beleive we call if we know an unknown to be particularly bad or raising a wide range of hands.

private joker 12-10-2005 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

some old 2+2 mantra I beleive AQo v. unknown raiser in limit is a muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even getting 7.4:1? I'd fold AJo here, but AQ?

istewart 12-10-2005 11:05 PM

I wouldn't fold AJ here. AQ seems like a pretty standard call...

Nick C 12-11-2005 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is exactly the kind of situation where I'd try a c/r on the flop. .

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain the beneifits of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see that a flop checkraise sets up a potential steal on the turn. Also, it's possible we have the best hand.

Still, it's not a default play for me.

Well, let's see where we tend to stand vs. the PFR. (I'm going to have to invent a range here.)

AA = 3
KK = 6
QQ = 3
JJ = 6
TT = 6
99 = 3
88 = 6
AK = 12

AQ = 9

AJ = 12
AT = 12
KQ = 12

Well, all right, we'll be ahead of the PFR a decent amount of the time, and we'll have some steal potential (vs. AK/AQ) on some occasions when we're not ahead.

There is also the third guy to worry about, but I guess in theory he'd be raising the flop with a vulnerable pair.

Nick C 12-11-2005 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

some old 2+2 mantra I beleive AQo v. unknown raiser in limit is a muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even getting 7.4:1? I'd fold AJo here, but AQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since we're in the BB, I'd probably call with both hands.

I wouldn't really like any of my options with AJ (and I don't know what's best with that hand), but I'm thinking calling one more with AQ should be easy enough.