Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Kobe Bryant's flagrant foul (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407564)

Tyler Durden 12-30-2005 02:22 AM

Kobe Bryant\'s flagrant foul

This foul was nasty. He elbowed Mike Miller in the neck as Miller drove the lane. It's being shown on ESPNews. I hate the NBA and I really hate Kobe Bryant. From ESPN.com:

Bryant, gashed over his left eye in the second quarter when Miller pushed him in the face with his hand while driving, had three stitches to close the cut.

Bryant was called for a flagrant foul with 8:24 to play for elbowing Miller in the face as Miller drove again.

"Any player that was going to come down the lane at that point in time, I was going to let him know that he just can't walk through there," Bryant said. "I think we as a team have to do a better job of establishing that. And me, as a leader of the ballclub, I've got to take the initiative to do that -- and hopefully, everybody will see that.

"This being our home court, people come here and think it's Hollywood and all sorts of stuff, so they think they'll come down (the lane) and look pretty and shoot jump shots and dunk the ball and finger-roll the ball and do all sorts of cute stuff. And we've got to stop that."

tdarko 12-30-2005 02:31 AM

Re: Kobe Bryant\'s flagrant foul

[ QUOTE ]
I hate the NBA and I really hate Kobe Bryant.

[/ QUOTE ]
you may hate kobe but what is wrong with him doing what teams have been doing to him lately?? i actually gained a little respect for him when i watched this tonight, looks like he grew some nuts and isn't hiding behind shaq's huge pair anymore.

hell the bad boys of detroit back in the day won championships doing this and if you ask me this hard nose play is what was lost and needs to come back...i know one thing, that guy will be little more hesitant when coming in the lane next time.

Tyler Durden 12-30-2005 02:36 AM

I wasn't talking about that I just hate rapists.

TomHimself 12-30-2005 02:46 AM

kobe is still a pussy. elbowing someone doesnt make him tough

tdarko 12-30-2005 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
the first 6 inches wasn't rape, it was the last 5 that was.

tdarko 12-30-2005 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
kobe is still a pussy. elbowing someone doesnt make him tough

[/ QUOTE ]
to me john stockton continually sticking his knee out in the lanes to charlie-horse opponents is pussy. its sneaky therefore pussy.

kobe stepped up and delivered a message tonight and then didn't hide after the fact, he may still be a piece of [censored] but at least he is acting like a basketball player instead of just a scorer now.

i absolutely detest kobe but what he did was fine. he got punched earlier cutting open his eye (which seems to be happening over and over) and his teammates are playing soft letting opponents in the box freely and take jump shots uncontested every night, so what did he do...he said [censored] it, not anymore. i can dig that even though i hate him.

lapoker17 12-30-2005 06:05 PM

i hate kobe. but mike miller is annoying so i gained a little respect for kobe.

he's a pussy for diming out shaq, and a dbag for cheating on his wife, but if you read the transcripts, he is certainly not a rapist.

DCWildcat 12-30-2005 06:18 PM

back in high school our coach used to basically teach us to hack the crap out of any layup like that one. ensure they miss the shot, and make them think twice. not a philosophy i agree with (see john cheney), but it's pretty widespread

Huskiez 12-30-2005 08:12 PM

He has been suspended two games for the foul today.

Clarkmeister 12-30-2005 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're dumber than I already think you are if you really think he raped the girl in Colorado.

SCfuji 12-30-2005 10:12 PM

his retaliation was fine, sh1t like this just happens. i am a lakers fan and really like kobe but didnt you guys see the xmas game between the lakers and the heat? kobes elbow happened to find dwayne wades face while driving off a screen (which i think was probably intentional) and wade retaliated with an elbow to kobes chest. i think it sucks that wade was the only one penalized but if a player doesnt shove back hes going to get owned in the long run by the rest of the league.

Tyler Durden 12-31-2005 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're dumber than I already think you are if you really think he raped the girl in Colorado.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're dumber than I already think you are if you really think that I think that he raped the girl in Colorado.

TheNoodleMan 12-31-2005 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
back in high school our coach used to basically teach us to hack the crap out of any layup like that one.

[/ QUOTE ]
What layup? Kobe threw that elbow near free throw line. Two games is pretty light if you ask me. That was vicious and uncalled for. Miller could have easily lost some teeth there.

tdarko 12-31-2005 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What layup? Kobe threw that elbow near free throw line. Two games is pretty light if you ask me. That was vicious and uncalled for. Miller could have easily lost some teeth there.

[/ QUOTE ]
with a mouthguard he isn't losing teeth. 2 games is fine i think.

i remember jordan used to be slammed down by his jersey and clotheslined everytime he was even in the paint in the eastern conference final against the pistons back in the early 90's. no fines, just foul shots and a hesitation to not go in the paint and take a that mid to long jumper next time.

the players i hate are the sneaky guys that do under the radar crap, stockton and malone were two of the worst.

i know people disagree with what he did b/c people disagree with beaning hitters to send a message but sports are often times about edges (hell look at rodman). i am a huge believer in coming inside on a hitter if he is taking away the plate to take it back, if it hits him that is just a part of the game...kobe came at him hard and put his elbow up to send the message if miller gets hurt that is part of the game, kobe is already getting stitches and that is a part of the game as well.

i believe kobe is actually getting suspended for what he said after the game and not the incident itself. like in baseball you are trained to say, "the pitch got away," when in reality you are thinking, "yeah i meant to hit him, next time he bats that bruise on his back will be in the back of his mind when he walks up to the plate," but you can't say that b/c you would get in trouble...if kobe wouldn't have said he meant to and would have said something like, "i was trying to take the charge and i put my arm up to brace myself and it was an accident blah blah bs bs blah blah," then he might have got away with it.