Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   The reason Fantasy Football sucks (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396533)

pudley4 12-12-2005 11:48 AM

Re: The reason Fantasy Football sucks

[ QUOTE ]
The real reason Fantasy Football sucks is that a team can finish 2nd in points(my team) and finish 5th and miss the playoffs to a 4th place team who scored the least points in the whole league.(12 team league!!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly the reason why our final Wild Card spots are awarded based on points, not record.

Black Aces 518 12-12-2005 05:21 PM

I'm in two leagues, one based solely on record (I miss the playoffs with a 6-8 mark despite a 60% winning percentage in Breakdown, and the #4 point total, and leading the league in scoring 3 times), and one we do half & half. We keep head to head records and have playoffs. Some $$ is applied to this. Also some goes to the top 4 point scorers for the entire season (17 weeks).

If I had my ultimate league, we'd have 14 weeks of just scores, then the top however many scorers would make the playoffs and play it off head to head.

Of course I may just be bitter because I've been in 6 head to head only leagues and have NEVER finished at or above my scoring position, except one year where I was #1 in scoring where 4 teams made the playoffs and I was the 1 seed. The 4 seed was the #2 scoring team and posted the highest score of the season on me.

Variance is a bitch.

wayabvpar 12-12-2005 05:34 PM

One of the many reasons I prefer a points race. Especially if it runs through the Super Bowl- makes draft strategy interesting trying to grab productive players who will also make the playoffs.

battschr 12-13-2005 12:11 AM

No, fantasy football sucks b/c a RB w/ 100 yards and 0 TDs scores fewer points that a fullback that gets a one-yard TD plunge on his only carry.

UCF THAYER 12-13-2005 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, fantasy football sucks b/c a RB w/ 100 yards and 0 TDs scores fewer points that a fullback that gets a one-yard TD plunge on his only carry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in most leagues...

battschr 12-13-2005 12:15 AM

In most I've played in Rushing TD=6pts and 20 rush yards=1 point. What is the usual then?

LBJ 12-13-2005 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In most I've played in Rushing TD=6pts and 20 rush yards=1 point. What is the usual then?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's most definitly not normal. Normal is 1 pt/10 yard and 6 PT TD's. 1 pt/15 is seldom used and 1 pt/20 is almost never used for rushing.

battschr 12-13-2005 12:36 AM

Mine is certainly 20/pts rushing. My commissioner must suck, I'm talking about you, Drew16. Douchebag.

bugstud 12-13-2005 12:38 AM

that is an old, antiquated system. newer systems reward more consistent production over td hogs.

Drew16 12-16-2005 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mine is certainly 20/pts rushing. My commissioner must suck, I'm talking about you, Drew16. Douchebag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, if you want to play in the kiddie league, go ahead. We dont need your suckass pulling down "Just the Tip" anyway.