Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A-high river bet (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401666)

mungpo 12-19-2005 10:12 PM

A-high river bet

This hand is from a while ago so I don't have any reads.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.20 BB

Roy6 12-19-2005 10:15 PM

Re: A-high river bet

This is fine. I had a similar hand yesterday. Villain was on autocall all the way. Given the hands that beat you either raise flop or got a set/straight on the river, bet/folding the river is good.

12-19-2005 10:18 PM

I like this bet, I think a lot of hands you beat call and the hands that you don't beat either don't raise or would have bet if you checked.

True

gehrig 12-19-2005 10:22 PM

standard

12-19-2005 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
standard

[/ QUOTE ]

this is standard for you? I sincerely doubt that. Is AJ/AQ calling the river more often than a PP or AT or something? The fact that we 3bet is often enough to make TP or a PP clam up and c/c the entire way. Are we good that often/at all when he calls that river?

thesharpie 12-19-2005 11:11 PM

He's not gonna put you on a 7, so we have no more folding equity than if a 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] came, and we'd check that card, so I'm checking here. With a blank falling at least he might call you with a worse hand sometimes, here I think he's calling all better hands and folding almost all worse ones. We also miss out on bluff inducage by betting, call if he bets.

gehrig 12-19-2005 11:22 PM

check calling the river is awful

if u check
- he bets any pair
- sometimes he bets a high

if u bet
- he calls with any pair
- he calls with any a high he got this far with

thesharpie 12-19-2005 11:26 PM

If we check he can bet ace high, king high, busted draws like QJ and J9s, and he'll often check behind weak pairs thinking we might have an overpair and are scared of the 4 straight board.

Maybe I'm underestimating the times he calls with ace high, but I think he's only calling a small amount of the time, but like I said is betting some of those and worse hands, and we sometimes get a free showdown when beat.