Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Curtains Hand - A6o on bubble (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397768)

fluorescenthippo 12-13-2005 06:11 PM

Curtains Hand - A6o on bubble

Villian was being a typical semi bully on the bubble. I don't like a push here because even if the villian is raising a huge range, a call by him is usually still -EV. Unless there is a big chance he will fold to my push I fold here.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (4 handed) converter

UTG (t1625)
Button (t4425)
SB (t2905)
Curtainz (t1045)

Preflop: Curtainz is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t300</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Curtainz is all-in [t1045], Button calls t745.

RobGW 12-13-2005 06:19 PM

Re: Curtains Hand - A6o on bubble

He is the short stack and can't afford to wait for a premium hand. Against a bully's range A6 is good enough for me.

curtains 12-13-2005 06:24 PM

Is it possible to give the handle of the bully to refresh my memory...

fluorescenthippo 12-13-2005 06:27 PM

frankieg119

fluorescenthippo 12-13-2005 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He is the short stack and can't afford to wait for a premium hand. Against a bully's range A6 is good enough for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

if his range is any two cards and you know he will call its .5 +EV. A6 is certainly not good enough against his range if he is calling

pineapple888 12-13-2005 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian was being a typical semi bully on the bubble. I don't like a push here because even if the villian is raising a huge range, a call by him is usually still -EV. Unless there is a big chance he will fold to my push I fold here.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (4 handed) converter

UTG (t1625)
Button (t4425)
SB (t2905)
Curtainz (t1045)

Preflop: Curtainz is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t300</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Curtainz is all-in [t1045], Button calls t745.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't like it when I can fold and still have 6BB. This hand is dominated way too often.

I think I have virtually zero fold equity on the push.

RobGW 12-13-2005 07:02 PM

I see your point. But ICM is not the end all be all of SNG's. That may be blasmphemy to some but oh well. There could be a lot of variables that would change this. I mean if the bully is going to continue to min raise we'll have to take a stand at some point and I'd rather do it now than later. Usually I see a min raise as "I'll fold to a push by the SB but not to the BB" Following that logic, he'll have a decent but not great hand. Well, Curtains has a decent but not great hand too. I think its marginal either way but for some reason I can't see myself folding and leaving myself with 850. Being at the table though I could find a fold or a push depending on the table dynamics.

Shillx 12-13-2005 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if his range is any two cards and you know he will call its .5 +EV. A6 is certainly not good enough against his range if he is calling

[/ QUOTE ]

This post doesn't make any sense. The ideal situation would be to have the big stack fold a lot of hands here. We pick up 525 chips with no risk to the stack. Even if he always calls us as a 3:2 underdog, our EV compared to folding is +T400. It is better to see him fold a ton here and be a big dog when he calls compared to seeing him call a lot as a nice favorite.

Any smart villian is playing close to 90% of their hands in this spot. We would call him with A6o if he was playing well, so we should certainly push over the top since we might get some FE to boot. Of course if he isn't playing well and is folding a lot then we should just fold and pick a better spot.

tigerite 12-13-2005 07:39 PM

Can we not stop and go here..? It'll be 745 into the pot of 750 on the flop - surely hard for villain to call with air. I dunno, just seems like a better line.

fluorescenthippo 12-13-2005 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can we not stop and go here..? It'll be 745 into the pot of 750 on the flop - surely hard for villain to call with air. I dunno, just seems like a better line.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like that line