Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Worst injury/injuries you've sustained? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372511)

bdk3clash 11-05-2005 05:01 PM

Worst injury/injuries you\'ve sustained?

Looking back on my life I've been incredibly lucky in terms of doing lots of stupid stuff and not getting seriously injured. I've really only had two serious injuries, the most recent being about 14 years ago.

When I was five I was playing on the monkey bars and fell and landed awkwardly on my arm, breaking my wrist and having to wear a full-length cast for a few months.

When I was a a freshman in high school I got popped helmet-first on my chin during football practice and got a pretty nasty gash, a concussion, and a crooked chin.

Let's hear about your injuries in all their nasty glory. Mine are pretty pathetic.

HtotheNootch 11-05-2005 05:04 PM

Re: Worst injury/injuries you\'ve sustained?

Knee injury playing football. One guy going one way hit my lower leg. Another guy going the other way hit my upper leg. Torn cartilage, grade two injuries to the ligaments, chipped lateral femoral condyle (which then proceeded to slice my remaining cartilage).

pokerdirty 11-05-2005 05:05 PM

try here.

11-05-2005 05:06 PM

3 yrs old. thought I could fly. got the bedsheet and everything.

two missing teeth (baby teeth, thank god), concussion and broken leg.

after than, learning how to skateboard, tried to impress a chick with a 9-stair, racked myself, slid on my nuts down the rail till the bump on the end, nearly ruptured one.

after that I stuck to bball, where my worst injury is a cracked rib.

11-05-2005 05:08 PM

Fell off my bike while mtn biking at 16. Shattered my left wrist. The Xrays rock. I have a plate and 3 screws in it, and a scar the looks like I decided to go down the road, not across the street. Its a good conversation starter. This one time, I took a razor blade...

I was with out with buddies of mine, and we were [censored] up beyond all recognition. One of my friends decided it would be really cool to put his foor through a nearby plate glass window.

He succeeded. And when he pulled his leg back out through said broken window, he flayed his calf wide open. An 8" piece of calf was just hanging off his leg, flappin there whenever he took a step. That's got to be the grossest/coolest thing I've ever seen, when it comes to injuries. It sorta looked like pork.

We got him to a hospital and he got all stitched up. The scar is amazing.

SackUp 11-05-2005 05:16 PM

Tore my ACL and Meniscus playing football my senior year of high school.

The rehab was ridiculous. Totally worth it though as I was able to recover and play 4 years of football in college.

MrTrik 11-05-2005 05:29 PM

I took a nasty blind-side hit in a hockey game once. After the hit, I hit the side glass near the bench. Broken ribs and a punctured lung. Ended my hopes of being an AF fighter pilot. Also ended any distant dreams of playing big time college hockey. And it sucked in general.

bdk3clash 11-05-2005 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
try here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, if I ever want to read responses to the different question asked in that thread I'll check it out.

PITTM 11-05-2005 05:34 PM

i tore my ACL(not the one in your knee, the one in your shoulder). i also partially tore my achillies tendon. both of those hurt A LOT.

rj

pokerdirty 11-05-2005 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
try here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, if I ever want to read responses to the different question asked in that thread I'll check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

dick. apparently you didn't read very far.

11-05-2005 05:40 PM

First grade, I was fighting over the front seat with a friend. I got it, and he accidently slammed the car door on my thumb. The LOCKED car door. It was in there a good twenty seconds before someone was able to open the door. My thumb was just shattered. And if my thumb had been about an inch higher, the lock head would have gone through it and I would now be minus one thumb. It was a close call.

Phoenix1010 11-05-2005 05:56 PM

I've actually never broken anything in my life, despite years of sports. The worst I've gotten was in tenth grade during the first day of basketball tryouts when I sprained my shooting thumb. The second day I wrapped it up and played left handed, and then I sprained my left thumb. So for the last three days I couldn't shoot beyond a layup and could only dribble with my palms, and everything I did hurt. I still made the team though.

tom441lbk 11-05-2005 05:58 PM

just a broken arm, nothing cool

ClaytonN 11-05-2005 06:06 PM

Heavy concussion + lost 3 teeth playing rugby / smear the queer. Couldn't play football after that. that was gay.

The concussion was the variety where I was basically in a dreamworld but to everyone else I was conscious and babbling. The experience has since given me a "too drunk" phobia. HAH.

nothumb 11-05-2005 06:24 PM

Broke whatever the really big bone in your thigh is. Got tackled by a big kid and landed between him and a ditch full of big pointy rocks.

Been stabbed too, but that didn't end up being as serious as it sounded.

NT

Crimson 11-05-2005 06:27 PM

Dislocated 3 ribs and 2 vertebre (sp?) - Swing Dancing
Broke my wrist - Playing Monopoly
Broke my ancle - stepping on a pine cone (purposfully)
Took a broken metal antena from a radio to my right eye ball - while i was sleeping.
Pushed into a tree the branch perferated my ear drum - playing 2 hand touch.

And a myriad of other alliments, all gotten from less than glorious activities.

joshman1204 11-05-2005 06:35 PM

hmm where to start ...

6 concussions doing a variety of stupid things.
18 stitches in my head at 5 years old after hitting a fence post on a dirtbike.
another 20 stitches at 10 years old cause I dove and hit the bottom of a pool.
broken nose twice when I was 16, once due to an airchair accident and the other a dirtbike accident.
3 broken ribs at 18 after slipping while cliff jumping and landing way wrong.
blew my right knee all to [censored] at 19 while skiing in park city and smacking a tree.

There is more to list but I dont have time right now.

TomHimself 11-05-2005 06:36 PM

tore acl in knee playing basketball

InchoateHand 11-05-2005 06:42 PM

Concussions, lots of lacerations, cracked my lacrimal bone landing on my face, the usual runners aches and pains---bursitis, heel spurs. My teeth are pretty much swiss cheese at this point (don't do drugs kids). [censored] up fingers on my right hand, partially helped by surgery. Lots of internal maladies---fatty liver, scarred up lungs from double-pneumonia, etc. etc.

That said, other than my fingers and my face, I've never broken a bone in my body, and neither of those really count, because they aren't exactly cast situations. I've also been lucky, given my former propensity towards abysmally stupid behaviour.

Punker 11-05-2005 07:27 PM

I was hit by a car when I was 15 and my left ankle was utterly destroyed. Multiple screws to hold it back together and cast for months. I wasn't right again for nearly a year. Lucky I didn't step out 2 seconds earlier or it wouldn't have just been my lead leg getting hit.

banditbdl 11-05-2005 07:39 PM

I got blown up while doing research in a Chemistry lab in undergrad and had skin grafts on over half of my body and a 3-month hospital stay. That was pretty bad.

BCPVP 11-05-2005 08:02 PM

Nothing really serious:
Broken arm (humerus) playing 2 hand touch football on frozen ground in 8th grade. The fall didn't hurt as bad as when the guy who tackled me tried to lift me up by the broken arm! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

1" scar next to my nose after being bitten by a dog. Totally my fault. I was 3 and while petting it tried to touch it's eye. I got what I had coming...

RunDownHouse 11-05-2005 08:59 PM

Broken ankle in high school ball. It broke the growth plate, and the docs thought I might have some growth left in me, so its got two pins in it to this day.

I broke the same ankle again when i was in Germany about 5 years later. The docs took an xray, and then came back in to ask me what the [censored] was in my ankle. Those two docs then proceeded to call in about 4 more to show them the xrays, and have me explain the whole thing over again. I know those guys had to have been trained in that stuff before, but it honestly seemed like they were amazed and had never seen such a thing. Definitely put a bad taste in my mouth for the health care over there.

TheMainEvent 11-05-2005 09:01 PM

Broken Nose. I've been pretty lucky. And I drink a lot of milk.

edtost 11-05-2005 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
try here.

[/ QUOTE ]

or better yet, here.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Nick-Zack 11-05-2005 10:42 PM

Below knee amputation of my right leg. My dad was driving a riding lawnmower and somehow I ended up with my foot under it.

pokerdirty 12-02-2005 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
try here.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess i did call you a dick. oops. i apologize for these actions [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Evan 12-02-2005 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
try here.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess i did call you a dick. oops. i apologize for these actions [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ha, best introduction ever over dinner tonight. "You're P. Dirty, you called me a dick."

pokerdirty 12-02-2005 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
try here.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ha, best introduction ever over dinner tonight. "You're P. Dirty, you called me a dick."

[/ QUOTE ]

not as bad as being belittled for not being attractive enough to be a receptionist. which, ladies, is a complete lie.

12-02-2005 01:16 AM

I've been lucky, no serious breaks.
The most painful was a seperated shoulder. Hurt like hell. The shoulder is still weaker than normal.

A_C_Slater 12-02-2005 01:16 AM

I once nailed my thumb to my hand with a nail gun on accident.

MrFeelNothin 12-02-2005 01:19 AM

broken toe. though im not actually sure it was broken.

12-02-2005 01:21 AM

Some pencil neck retard at the gym was trying to look all "hard" by carrying a 45 lb. barbell weight in each hand. His pansy grip couldn't handle it though and he ended up dropping one on my foot and broke two toes.

I guess that isn't my worst injury though. I also fell out of a tree fort when i was 8 and broke my leg.

EMcWilliams 12-02-2005 01:30 AM

Broke my upper arm trying to do a tumblesault down a medal slide...
Broke my foot by jumping on the bed and running in the house
Tore my shoulder muscle celebrating the 1998 Yankees
Broke each finger in my hands combined on separate occusions. (Thumb-hammer Index- Dresser, Middle- sliding into second Ring and Pinky- dropped a weight on it.

swede123 12-02-2005 02:08 AM

I've been pretty lucky in terms of injuries. Broken collar bone, dislocated jaw, various degree of road burn etc. from multiple bicycle accidents.

My most severe health concern happened when I was about one year old; I had bacterial meningitis and apparently almost died. Good stuff!

Swede

aragorn_i 12-02-2005 02:09 AM

Had my entire eyebrow area above my left eye opened by a nasty elbow while playing water polo.Was knocked out cold and sank to the bottom of the 12 foot pool and had to be given mouth.Final score 45 stitches and mouth to mouth from a guy.

mj12 12-02-2005 02:17 AM

2spiral fractues in leg= 3 1/2 months in cast
tore ligament in foot 2x
rock climbing rock fell on head =stitches
brother nails me above eye with croquet mallet=stitches
papercut=bandaid for an hour

i feel manly now

NotMitch 12-02-2005 02:26 AM

I sprained my ankle. Ive been lucky.

Dudd 12-02-2005 02:28 AM

I gotten stitches multiple times, that's about it though. Have played 7 years of football, lots of basketball, soccer, etc, yet never had a major injury. Just lucky I guess.

Duke 12-02-2005 04:06 AM

Shattered both wrists. Casts for 2 months.
Broke an ankle in basketball practice, played a full game on it the next day, cast for 2 months.

~D