Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Rehnquist passes away, let the games begin (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=329244)

vulturesrow 09-03-2005 11:35 PM

Rehnquist passes away, let the games begin

I hope that Bush nominates the most repugnantly conservative judge imaginable and the Senate majority shoves him right down the Democrats throat, invoking the Constiutional option if necessary. Its time for some good political theater.

cadillac1234 09-03-2005 11:41 PM

Re: Rehnquist passes away, let the games begin

[ QUOTE ]
I hope that Bush nominates the most repugnantly conservative judge imaginable and the Senate majority shoves him right down the Democrats throat, invoking the Constiutional option if necessary. Its time for some good political theater.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's all we need right now in the US. More divisive controversy.

cardcounter0 09-03-2005 11:42 PM

This would be the Bush Standard Operating Procedure.

To fully comply with his normal nomination standards, the Judge in question should have been previously disbarred for some 2nd degree felony type offense, and can only legally practice law in a small corner of Guam.

If he insists on entering the court room with an AK-47, a pit bull, and two bibles, this would be an added plus.

vulturesrow 09-03-2005 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This would be the Bush Standard Operating Procedure.

To fully comply with his normal nomination standards, the Judge in question should have been previously disbarred for some 2nd degree felony type offense, and can only legally practice law in a small corner of Guam.

If he insists on entering the court room with an AK-47, a pit bull, and two bibles, this would be an added plus.

[/ QUOTE ]

what an amazingly accurate characterization of Bush nominees.

FishHooks 09-04-2005 01:06 AM

Yea...Lets do it !!

sam h 09-04-2005 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope that Bush nominates the most repugnantly conservative judge imaginable and the Senate majority shoves him right down the Democrats throat

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure that this was the original plan. Whether the fallout from Katrina makes an obviously divisive nominee less likely I don't know.

ACPlayer 09-04-2005 02:31 AM

Roberts was the distraction he needed fromthe Rove fiasco.

Now he has a chance to help us all forget about the dead, dying, and homeless in the Gulf (both of them) with another "good man".

Anyway, I sure Dobson, has already told Bush who to nominate.

jokerthief 09-04-2005 02:48 AM

This just could be the tipping point to all out cival war.

BigBaitsim (milo) 09-04-2005 04:07 AM

Rehnquist's death will change nothing on the court. Do you see why?

chomsky53 09-04-2005 05:19 AM

you know you are actually stupid. what you said is either a.) obviously untrue or b.) true but lacks so much in descriptive power that its not particularally meaningful. so yeah dont be a faggot.