Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Do I have to bet this turn? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402080)

Sightless 12-20-2005 02:37 PM

Do I have to bet this turn?

BB is 26/21/4.50 over 80+ hands
SB is 40/5/.73 over 35+ hands

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="pink"> HERO!? </font>

bnorthro 12-20-2005 02:46 PM

Re: Do I have to bet this turn?

Yuck. That turn card sucks. BB seems solid with those nubmers, though pretty aggro postflop. What's he 3 betting preflop and leading out with on that board that doesn't have an A? Probably not TT or 99, but maybe.

I would probably check behind - but then you're giving a free card to SB who sure looks like he's on a flush draw. You've still got outs to the str8 or 2 pair and this guy is defenitely check/raising an A here.

I'd check and call 1 bet on the river.

dealer_toe 12-20-2005 02:53 PM

I'm betting the turn, I think BB is 3 betting as low as 88 or 99 here. He may call you down w/ QQ, and UTG has a flush draw or worse K or a stupid J there. Bet the turn.

Disconnected 12-20-2005 02:54 PM

What a poor spot. I think that I would bet/call here, trying to get a free showdown UI (with the bet part of this action).

jt1 12-20-2005 02:54 PM

got to check this through. I don't see any reason to risk a check raise. He amy have a Queen but so what. It's unlikely that he has 2 hearts.

12-20-2005 02:56 PM

I check here, get to showdown cheaply, or try and improve on the river. I don't wanna get cr here and I don't think our hand is strong enough to bet.

True

jba 12-20-2005 03:01 PM

i'd check it through.

dealer_toe 12-20-2005 03:04 PM

checking this turn misses out on a ton of value from UTG, If you have BB beat, he'll fold but not always, UTG doesn't want to go anywhere and will pay you off a lot w/ a worse hand here. I think you have to be able to fold to a river bet if BB c/r's and you don't improve on the river.

27offsooot 12-20-2005 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd check it through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

jba 12-20-2005 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
checking this turn misses out on a ton of value from UTG, If you have BB beat, he'll fold but not always, UTG doesn't want to go anywhere and will pay you off a lot w/ a worse hand here. I think you have to be able to fold to a river bet if BB c/r's and you don't improve on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean missing value against SB? I think our equity here is very very poor, the only hand BB could have now that we are reasonably ahead of is QQ and we are behind AK/AQ/AJ/AA/KK/JJ and tied with KQ

even if we happen to be ahead we're really not way ahead of anybody. let's just check and river a T.