Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Post of the Year - Nominations (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401145)

diebitter 12-19-2005 02:19 AM

Post of the Year - Nominations

Okay, the myspace and chuddo trainwreck are gonna be 1st and 2nd, obviously, but I'm doing this in the interests of any threads that have been forgotten or lost in the grind that are worth bigging up a bit. I'd also like to get some concensus on the order of favourites.

I'll run this a couple days, then do a bigass poll for a few more...

Here's the ones that sprang to mind for me:

Banging chicks from myspace - [censored]
How many 5 year-olds - gonores
RL Pics - gorie
The Official MS Paint Thread - Eurotrash/MacDaddy Warsaw
Ask Mrs Utah - Mrs Utah
Oned Armed Wussy Hug - bicyclekick
Genital Warts - Dex
Revenge (trip report) - Jihad
Owl and ORLY - gmrankin
boobs on your arm - jakethebake
The Trainwreck - chuddo? (I couldn't find this with casual looking)
sup bro - whoever it was

Please let me know any others you think are in contention.

EDIT: THIS IS NOT THE VOTE. DON'T BOTHER REPEATING UNLESS (i) the previous info is wrong or (ii) you want to big up a thread you think may be obscure (to help the compilation of the noms easier for me)

Please try to ident the specific thread if you can and put the link in - I think I'll try and add links to the final poll OP so you can all check em yourselves easily, and your assistance would make this an easy job.

astroglide 12-19-2005 02:21 AM

Re: Post of the Year - Nominations

ass eating trip report was good

[censored] 12-19-2005 02:21 AM

Ask Mrs Utah - Mrs Utah

I missed this one, who is Mrs. Utah?

Eurotrash 12-19-2005 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Official MS Paint Thread - Eurotrash/MacDaddy Warsaw

[/ QUOTE ]

bwana devil 12-19-2005 02:23 AM

dear bison

how about talk2bigsteve's contriubtions? cant think of any off hand but surely he's made some threads that lasted a long time.

bwana

Shilly 12-19-2005 02:25 AM

I'll cast my vote for the MS Paint thread. That "Sklansky has a Posse" one still makes me laugh.

Evan 12-19-2005 02:25 AM

I don't see any way that 5 year olds shouldn't win this.

Go Blue 12-19-2005 02:25 AM

The one about whether or not to circumcise the kid...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...page=&vc=1

diebitter 12-19-2005 02:26 AM

Mrs Utah

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1

Some thought it was a fatty wife being helped to elicit phone numbers by Utah (her husband)

I thought otherwise, but got great pleasure out of this thread. This is trolling like you wouldn't believe, IMO.
It's a sequel to another thread....
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1

These are both worth a read.

12-19-2005 02:26 AM

Honorable Mention goes to "Ugly Contest" by Dominic

2+2 wannabe 12-19-2005 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see any way that MS Paint shouldn't win this.

[/ QUOTE ]

bwana devil 12-19-2005 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that will get my vote. dont know why diebitter think it's obvious what 1st and 2nd will be.

5year old thread has branched out and infiltrated other sites.

[censored] 12-19-2005 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that will get my vote. dont know why diebitter think it's obvious what 1st and 2nd will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep

Evan 12-19-2005 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see any way that MS Paint shouldn't win this.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You joined this site like 4 months after the thread.

Shilly 12-19-2005 02:28 AM

The problem with some of those is that the threads are so huge that if you don't catch them right when they start, it's impossible to figure out what's going on. Someone should go through each and provide a synopsis or something for each one of these threads.

Eurotrash 12-19-2005 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, it's on so many other sites in such a short time frame that one has to question the originality of it. I think voting for it because it's on other site is a poor reason.

then again, I am biased towards MS Paint, the greatest thread of the year [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Dudd 12-19-2005 02:31 AM

Five year olds/Chuddo/MS Paint, in whatever order you want. Myspace shouldn't even make the top 10, it's long, but nothing hilarious has happened.

diebitter 12-19-2005 02:33 AM

OKAY! I was wrong in assuming 1st and 2nd, but hey, OOT will decide not me. I just know the rules of remembering are all about recency and impact, okay? OKAY!

pryor15 12-19-2005 02:33 AM

i seem to remember a pretty good whiskeytown thread a couple of months ago, but i could be imagining things.

astroglide 12-19-2005 02:35 AM

i thought 5yo went back to 2004 for some reason

MrWookie47 12-19-2005 02:35 AM

If you've been following it, there's been some really great stuff in the Myspace thread, even if no one has made it all the way yet.

Personally, I go Paint > Chuddo > 5yo > Myspace

tdarko 12-19-2005 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Five year olds/Chuddo/MS Paint, in whatever order you want. Myspace shouldn't even make the top 10, it's long, but nothing hilarious has happened.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is pretty much the truth.

my space and rl pics may be thredzilla's and decent threads but "post of the year" is something that takes it to the next level, not just how many replies it gets. clearly the big three are 5 year olds (i still talk to people about this), MS paint (you can always come back to it for a gem), and chuddo/trainwreck (because of the absolute pwnage that ensued within it as yet to really be matched). that is my order as well.

ClaytonN 12-19-2005 02:37 AM

5 yo was this year?

The MS Paint thread was hilarious, but the 5 yo thread is revolutionary. Hence why it deserves POTY.

diebitter 12-19-2005 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
5 yo was this year?

The MS Paint thread was hilarious, but the 5 yo thread is revolutionary. Hence why it deserves POTY.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting Sklansky involved was pretty damn awesome.

astroglide 12-19-2005 02:38 AM

myspace is a potential thread, not yet a value thread. i wouldn't put it in the top tiers either.

Eurotrash 12-19-2005 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
5 yo was this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf did it revolutionize??

MS Paint was the thread which inspired the "How play Pokah" comics.

ok, I'm going to say it - 5 Year Olds is

O-VER-RA-TED [clap clap clapclapclap]

bwana devil 12-19-2005 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
meh, it's on so many other sites in such a short time frame that one has to question the originality of it. I think voting for it because it's on other site is a poor reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

youre right there were many sites. some of the other sites referenced 2+2 others did not.

there was a thread questioning the OP and i think the OP proved his case that he was the original author. dates of the original posts at sites were posted. there was one obsure reference from a marijuana magazine that was somewhat similiar from 10 years prior that would have been damn hard for him to have seen. after reading the thread i was satisfied.

bwana

JihadOnTheRiver 12-19-2005 02:40 AM

DB,

TX, but I don't think mine is worth a vote. It was a good argument and kinda funny, but basically just a flame war. I like the ones that required legitimate contributions other than "you're a cockbag."

I would also like to echo the sentiments of a previous poster who booed the Myspace thread. It is a great thread, but a bit too cumbersome and more of an insider thing. Other than that, good list. I'll be considering my vote.

-Jihad

diebitter 12-19-2005 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
DB,

TX, but I don't think mine is worth a vote. It was a good argument and kinda funny, but basically just a flame war. I like the ones that required legitimate contributions other than "you're a cockbag."

I would also like to echo the sentiments of a previous poster who booed the Myspace thread. It is a great thread, but a bit too cumbersome and more of an insider thing. Other than that, good list. I'll be considering my vote.

-Jihad

[/ QUOTE ]

Kay, I'll drop unless it gets more props. It was just on my mind and had a fair number of views/replies.

[censored] 12-19-2005 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Started early Dec if I remember correctly

bwana devil 12-19-2005 02:43 AM

jan 05

web page

JihadOnTheRiver 12-19-2005 02:45 AM

Yeah, if people give it a nod keep it up there. But I kinda doubt it will. We'll see. I'll keep my trophy wall in tact for now though.

Dudd 12-19-2005 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Started early Dec if I remember correctly

[/ QUOTE ]

Five year olds started in the middle of January. Just in case someone missed it: How many five year olds?

tdarko 12-19-2005 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jan 05

[/ QUOTE ]
i knew it would be close b/c that was the thread responsible for hooking me to OOT thus wasting most of my time this year. so thanks gonores.

MikeNaked 12-19-2005 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The one about whether or not to circumcise the kid...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...page=&vc=1

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thread and it was a great discussion - hilarious and informative. All the Snufagalupases helped convince me not to snip my son.

But alas, my kid was born on Thursday and it's a girl. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

At any rate, thanks for the nomination but I don't see how it can compete with the likes of 5 y.o., Lexington Brian, and MS Paint.

ClaytonN 12-19-2005 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf did it revolutionize??

MS Paint was the thread which inspired the "How play Pokah" comics.

ok, I'm going to say it - 5 Year Olds is

O-VER-RA-TED [clap clap clapclapclap]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir, are a hater.

diebitter 12-19-2005 02:54 AM

Guys, don't consider '5 year old' and similar whne considering contenders, it'll stop you proposing ones. It's gonna be a big poll, and it's worth getting some sort of 'top 15' or something so even if you know it won't win, still send it - especially something worth revisiting.

To this end, any props for 2 of mine:

sex haiku
unexpected things happening during sex

diebitter 12-19-2005 02:57 AM

I was considering other polls too, like worst thread - but there's so many awful ones!

Any other '...of the year' polls you guys interested in? It's gonna be slow at work for me this week [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I ain't running stuff like 'worst poster' though - I agree with [censored] that posts putting down other posters in distinct thread is deeply retarded.

TheMainEvent 12-19-2005 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was considering other polls too, like worst thread - but there's so many awful ones!

Any other '...of the year' polls you guys interested in? It's gonna be slow at work for me this week [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I ain't running stuff like 'worst poster' though - I agree with [censored] that posts putting down other posters in distinct thread is deeply retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if it's a great idea altogether, but you could try worst thread with at least 50 replies.

durron597 12-19-2005 03:06 AM

I nominate Astroglide's 5 questions for david sklansky, probably won't win but it should be on the list