Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   X-games (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=314518)

tbach24 08-13-2005 05:01 PM

X-games

Easily the best thing in sports during the summer.

I always thoguht it was stupid but then I watched it for the first time and it was awesome. The skateboarding is easily the coolest stuff and the big jump is the best among those.

kerssens 08-13-2005 05:03 PM

Re: X-games

meh, never watched, no desire to watch it.

thatpfunk 08-14-2005 06:04 PM

The skateboarding big air is absolutely amazing. It is absurd that these guys aren't recieving the respect/attention that they deserve.

tbach24 08-14-2005 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The skateboarding big air is absolutely amazing. It is absurd that these guys aren't recieving the respect/attention that they deserve.

[/ QUOTE ]

My dad and I agreed that it's the most impressive thing we've ever seen someone do in sports (that French-Canadian guy's big air run[PLG I think]). It's way more interesting than baseball (in terms of summer sports). Are there other times during the year when ESPN/other channels show skateboarding/other x-games type stuff?

Sponger15SB 08-14-2005 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of all the skateboarding events, this is easily my least favorite. What won the gold medal this year? A 360 grab?

Zzzzzz

tbach24 08-14-2005 10:11 PM

IIRC, it was something like a 360 w/ a trick and then a giant judo at the other end, but that's not what's impressive about it. What's impressive is that they travel down a high vertical, jump across a large canyon, land, and then go up a quarter-pipe and do another trick at like 20 feet and then land again. All of this on an instrument which I can barely maintain my balance on.

thatpfunk 08-15-2005 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of all the skateboarding events, this is easily my least favorite. What won the gold medal this year? A 360 grab?

Zzzzzz

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you shatter your elbow and ruin your boogie boarding career riding down a driveway?

Sponger15SB 08-15-2005 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Zzzzzz

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you shatter your elbow and ruin your boogie boarding career riding down a driveway?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, unfortunantly I missed out on gold because I fell on my first run in the "skating into my driveway" event at the 2005 Summer X-Games.

jstnrgrs 08-15-2005 10:22 PM

I enjoy watching this stuff, but I have trouble taking any of seriously since most of is decided by judges.

Sponger15SB 08-16-2005 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I enjoy watching this stuff, but I have trouble taking any of seriously since most of is decided by judges.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you feel the same way about the Olympics?