Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   NYC Transit Strike: Anyone driving into manhattan from brooklyn? +Pics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398869)

BottlesOf 12-15-2005 12:16 PM

Re: NYC Transit Strike: Anyone driving into manhattan from brooklyn? +

I heard you need to have 4 to enter "certain high traffic areas of Manhattan," not to enter Manhattan itself. ALthough I could be wrong. I'm sure the local news tonite will have the rules explicitly laid out.

mrkilla 12-15-2005 12:20 PM

below 96th you need 4 people between 5 and 11am www.1010wins.com and www.wcbs880.com has the layouts of whats what

And if you don't have 4 ppl i think there going to turn you around. Im sure some people are going to try and get in though.

edited to add second link

xadrez 12-15-2005 12:20 PM

Below 96th street, you need 4 passengers.

DrSavage 12-15-2005 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard you need to have 4 to enter "certain high traffic areas of Manhattan," not to enter Manhattan itself. ALthough I could be wrong. I'm sure the local news tonite will have the rules explicitly laid out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rules I've heard stated that you need 4 passengers if you enter the city below 96th street through any tunnel or bridge.

This [censored] is seriously pissing me off now. If you don't like your pay get a better damn job. They're getting paid quite a bit actually, some article quoted average of 56-63k with mad benefits, and somehow it has become an annual tradition to threaten the city.

mrkilla 12-15-2005 12:24 PM

If the MTA neogtiated in good faith they wouldn't need to threaten a strike

tonypaladino 12-15-2005 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dont forget, cars have to have 4 people to enter Manhattan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? What if you dont know 3 other people? Are you just supposed to pick up some bums? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mayor Mike said people are expected to help others out and give rides.

tonypaladino 12-15-2005 12:27 PM

Re: NYC Transit Strike: Anyone driving into manhattan from brooklyn? +Pics

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I don't know how the heck I'm getting to work yet tomorrow either. There is a car pool meeting point though at 15th street and PPW, which is pretty close to where you live if I recall. I'm also considering having my wife drive me to the Water Taxi.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty close to me. I wonder if it is going on all day though. I won't have to be in until early afternoon.

I'd imagine there would be mad traffic near the water taxi from cars trying to get on the Bridges.

Paluka 12-15-2005 12:27 PM

I'm in a really bad spot because I have a flight out of LaGuardia at 8 PM tomorrow, and I'm supposed to work until 4.

mrkilla 12-15-2005 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dont forget, cars have to have 4 people to enter Manhattan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? What if you dont know 3 other people? Are you just supposed to pick up some bums? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mayor Mike said people are expected to help others out and give rides.

[/ QUOTE ]

I expect I can call him at the Mansion and he will send his Limo to come get me and everyone in my hood?

jackdaniels 12-15-2005 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in a really bad spot because I have a flight out of LaGuardia at 8 PM tomorrow, and I'm supposed to work until 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Solution? Call in sick and now you have a FULL day off and a flight to catch at 8pm.