Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   PS 10+1 late (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371137)

pooh74 11-03-2005 03:35 PM

PS 10+1 late

Sorry, at work...this is from memory:

61 left, 135 paid...you know the drill, only worth it in top 5 or so...anyway:

Blinds: 800/1600 plus antes (full table)
Hero in SB: 27K
BB: 24k
Button:45K

all fold to button who calls, hero has A5h...easy push right? Just making sure, thanks

p

Edit: 3rd hand at table so no reads nor player stats...

miajag81 11-03-2005 03:40 PM

Re: PS 10+1 late

If this is really an "easy push," I must be missing some fundamental concept of tournament poker (which is entirely possible).

Skjonne 11-03-2005 03:42 PM

BB is still to act and a button limp is really suspicious this late in a tourney. My stack is still very playable, so I just complete and hopefully see a flop and take it from there

Exitonly 11-03-2005 03:42 PM

i dunno if you really have to push. a bet of 5k will accomplish the same thing, and let you get out when you're killed.

That said, i think i probably just complete here.

pooh74 11-03-2005 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this is really an "easy push," I must be missing some fundamental concept of tournament poker (which is entirely possible).

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, i could fold...

I am not raising, because I dont want to play this OOP for sure and I also cannot really lay down to a RR...

Button limping has shown me nothing, unless he's trapping (doubt it) what does he call half of his stack with? By just pushing, I am adding almost 20% to my stack.

Of course I might be fundamentally flawed...I am a SNGer by trade and not the best MTTer by far.

miajag81 11-03-2005 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My stack is still very playable, so I just complete and hopefully see a flop and take it from there

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, you still have like 17BB, no reason to push here IMO.

Sam T. 11-03-2005 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB is still to act and a button limp is really suspicious this late in a tourney. My stack is still very playable, so I just complete and hopefully see a flop and take it from there

[/ QUOTE ]

In a $10, a button limp does not necessarily mean anything more than the guy got both his cards. Occasionally you'll see a monster, but I wouldn't count on it.

If I'm raising, I'm probably pushing. At this point a walk in the blinds can be very pleasant, so you gotta train the guys to your right to keep their paws off.

That said, I'll complete with a suited ace. Keeps you from trouble if BB or button wakes up with a monster pre-flop, and gives you the chance to flop something very nice/playable.

11-03-2005 04:49 PM

I don't see how raising to 3xBB commits you if someone comes over the top.

11-03-2005 04:51 PM

raise to 4800 or 6000. fold to a reraise.

pooh74 11-03-2005 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how raising to 3xBB commits you if someone comes over the top.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I pretty much see this whole play as very weak being in the SB. I am POing myself on a flop or checking.
I have ~15BBs but the antes are in effect so stacks go down fast.

You guys are all talking about BB waking up with a hand but I am willing to discount that prospect because he calls with a VERY narrow range. (he called, lol).

So basically, my play was right on except I was willing to ignore BB and I ran into one real bad.

So the consensus is that from a risk/reward perspective I went a little too far here? If you are 99% sure the BB is folding here do you then push? Or is the concern more about the button?