Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   OK WTF (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378495)

pokerdirty 11-14-2005 08:41 PM

OK WTF

Why was my thread on doing the HP chick deleted? Is it because Dynasty has a soft spot for Harry Potter? Pedophilia a touchy subject for one of the mods? If this thread gets locked, I would like an explanation from the mod that did it. If it's from a legal standpoint, I find it funny we can talk about beating the [censored] out of 5 year olds, but can't talk about a little underage puss.

P. Dirty

Dynasty 11-14-2005 08:43 PM

Re: OK WTF

I didn't take any action. I didn't even see the thread.

However, you need to learn how to deal with people better. The far better way to approach the situation would be to contact the forum moderators privately.

pokerdirty 11-14-2005 08:44 PM

the reason i didn't is because i didn't know which one of you it was.

Dynasty 11-14-2005 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a lousy reason. It would be a simple matter to contact one mod and go from there.

pokerdirty 11-14-2005 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a lousy reason. It would be a simple matter to contact one mod and go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, sir.

Mat Sklansky 11-14-2005 08:47 PM

I deleted the thread. Asking people about having sex with a 15 yr old goes too far. The fact that [censored] wasn't filtered in the poll made it that much worse.

This shouldn't need an explanation.

istewart 11-14-2005 08:48 PM

Come on, Mat. I'm sure we all can admit she's hot.

Mat Sklansky 11-14-2005 08:50 PM

If people get on here and start saying they have seen worse, that does not mean his post was OK. It just means that I have not been made aware of things that are worse. If people want me to be aware of something worse that I propbably missed, alert me and I'm sure I will delete those things as well.

Thanks,

Mat

Mat Sklansky 11-14-2005 08:52 PM

He did not ask if she was hot. It's totally inappropriate. Even his post here was out of line. He can take a day off.

Mat

11-14-2005 08:52 PM

But we can discuss doing illicit and illegal drugs and whats good to watch with them?

mmbt0ne 11-14-2005 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He did not ask if she was hot. It's totally inappropriate. Even his post here was out of line. He can take a day off.

Mat

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] would be proud.

B Dids 11-14-2005 08:55 PM

At times like this it's a good idea to remember that this forum is basically a marketing tool.

Shockingly, people find nailing a 15 year old just slightly worse than doing drugs.

It's probably not something that can ever be enforced in a way that's going to be totally consistant, but I think when Mat steps in and makes a call like this, it's pretty silly to get too up in arms in outrage.

mostsmooth 11-14-2005 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But we can discuss doing illicit and illegal drugs and whats good to watch with them?

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe we should put an end to this as well

MyTurn2Raise 11-14-2005 09:02 PM

are you talking about Emma Watson?

very, very wrong to discuss; she was born in the nineties. Unless you live in areas where it is not illegal
www.ageofconsent.com It appears as 16 makes her fair game in much of the world.

imported_anacardo 11-14-2005 09:02 PM

Shady thread, even worse reaction. I think you should check yourself, bro.

Blarg 11-14-2005 09:03 PM

Even though I don't do them anymore, I don't find doing drugs bad at all, and probably a good majority of OOT posters don't either.

I think the post was inoffensive. It's not like it was an instructional or a contact list, and there isn't a guy alive who hasn't seen a girl who looked very much like a woman and then realized or found out she was 15. Probably more times than he can count. It's kind of a weird thing, but doesn't make you a child molester or even really interested in the girl. Those 15 year old faces on a 22 year old's body are a little offputting even if you do have no morals at all.

But the whole thing's a pretty minor matter either way. Who cares if there's one less thread in OOT.

PoBoy321 11-14-2005 09:06 PM

Wow, I didn't realize she was 15, I thought she was just like a 17 or 18 year old actress who played a younger character. Wow, now I feel really dirty.

dblgutshot 11-14-2005 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

www.ageofconsent.com

[/ QUOTE ]

CANADA 14 WOOOOO

11-14-2005 09:25 PM

she's not even hot i mean look at her hair, seriously

Evan 11-14-2005 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, this is the thing I don't understand. Whenever someone gets flagged for inappropriate content I have a really hard time seperating it from at least 3 posts on the first page.

RunDownHouse 11-14-2005 09:41 PM

I have trouble believing that people can't separate pedophilia from marijuana use in terms of severity and detriment to society.

Evan 11-14-2005 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have trouble believing that people can't separate pedophilia from marijuana use in terms of severity and detriment to society.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think writing about any of this stuff on an internet forum reults in any detriment to society. Also, I'm sure I see at least a couple 15 year olds each week and have the "I want to [censored] her" reaction. Does that make me a bad person? Man, some of you people are really nuts.

MasterShakes 11-14-2005 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not pedophilia if she is 15 and has gone through puberty.

imported_anacardo 11-14-2005 09:48 PM

That's all well and good, but do we really need to have polls about it? And what about that [censored] retard who pushed it to "first movie" status? It's just stupid and lame and mildly creepy. Good deletion. Bad bitchfest.

GuyOnTilt 11-14-2005 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have trouble understanding how an intelligent thinker could believe that wanting to bang a 15-17 year old girl is morally wrong.

GoT

imported_anacardo 11-14-2005 09:50 PM

Half. Your. Age. Plus. Seven.

Learn it. Live it. Love it.

One of the greatest arbitrary lines in the sand ever drawn by the mind of man.

MasterShakes 11-14-2005 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's all well and good, but do we really need to have polls about it? And what about that [censored] retard who pushed it to "first movie" status? It's just stupid and lame and mildly creepy. Good deletion. Bad bitchfest.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we actually don't need anything in the entire forum.

RunDownHouse 11-14-2005 09:50 PM

I have responses for all of that, but would rather not post, as I'm pretty sure Matt doesn't want this thread to turn into a discussion about pedophilia. That kind of thing is better left to the politics forum, if you care enough to discuss it there.

Evan 11-14-2005 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good deletion. Bad bitchfest.

[/ QUOTE ]
Also a bad banning.

GuyOnTilt 11-14-2005 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Half. Your. Age. Plus. Seven.

Learn it. Live it. Love it.

One of the greatest arbitrary lines in the sand ever drawn by the mind of man.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree it's a good practical rule of thumb, but it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. A lot of people seem to actually believe that pedophilia, as defined by the United States gov't, is necessarily immoral.

GoT

Evan 11-14-2005 09:52 PM

Half my age + 7 is 17. Can you really tell a 15 year old from a 17 year old?

imported_anacardo 11-14-2005 09:56 PM

Yes. One is fifteen. The other, seventeen. One is eligible under the Half Your Age Plus Seven rubric. The other is not.

You see?

MasterShakes 11-14-2005 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

New topic in the politics forum if anybody cares.

uw_madtown 11-14-2005 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes. Sometimes not.

It's a biological issue, as you and GoT clearly understand. 15 is young enough though that some haven't matured, hence why people get riled up.

Didn't see the thread, so can't comment on the deletion... but I find the whole "2p2 forums are a marketing tool, no bad things!" argument funny. If that's the reason we can't talk about how hot some 16 year old actresses are, then the entire OOT forum should be deleted. Anyone who'd be offended by that can easily find plenty else to be offended by on the front page.

On the other hand, a thread like that is pretty disposable and getting worked up over it is pretty silly.

uw_madtown 11-14-2005 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. One is fifteen. The other, seventeen. One is eligible under the Half Your Age Plus Seven rubric. The other is not.

You see?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not his point, and you know it.

Given a random group of 100 girls, half 15 and half 17, could you identify their ages with 100% accuracy? I'm guessing not -- I'm guessing even 80% accuracy might be hard.

2+2 wannabe 11-14-2005 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

AngryCola 11-14-2005 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

New topic in the politics forum if anybody cares.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this discussion is better suited for OOT than the politics forum. You were just talking about desire and such. It doesn't have much of anything to do with politics.

MasterShakes 11-14-2005 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pedophilia is the act or fantasy (wanting) of having sexual relations with a child. A person is no longer a child if he or she has gone through puberty.

Evan 11-14-2005 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Does it change your opinion if I'm 20?

dblgutshot 11-14-2005 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You see?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not his point, and you know it.

Given a random group of 100 girls, half 15 and half 17, could you identify their ages with 100% accuracy? I'm guessing not -- I'm guessing even 80% accuracy might be hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how this matters.