Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   what can i do? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=202734)

djl508 02-25-2005 05:55 PM

what can i do?

Back to back tourneys on PS - 33 on button, opened for standard raise, flop 3 4 A, trap AK for all his chips w check raise, catches running 4 4 to make better full. Next tourney, folded to me on button w J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Should have tried to steal blinds in hindsight. Anyway, flop is 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Lead with a pot size bet, sb beats me in the pot all in w 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Catches 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on turn to crack me. I was somewhat short chipped, needing a pot, call was for 95% of sb's chips. Am i alone here, or does this happen WAAAAAYYY too often?

woodguy 02-25-2005 06:01 PM

NOTHING TO SEE HERE!! BAD BEAT CRAP

The best way to avoid this is to stop playing poker.

At least stop posting stupid bad beats on strategy forum.

Post them at www.riveredagain.com, not here.

Regards,
Woodguy

skoal2k4 02-25-2005 06:12 PM

Re: what can i do?

I feel your pain, but there's not much you can do. Posting about the beats isn't going to get you much around here.
when these things happen to me or anybody else, yeah, we get upset... but that's just part of the game.

How I deal with it is very simple. I throw my mouse... childish? of course, but I feel better afterwards [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

2005 02-25-2005 07:54 PM

you're right, online poker is rigged, stuff like that never happens live

GG

SoCalPat 02-25-2005 08:27 PM

Given the number of posts you've made, you haven't been playing poker long enough to gripe about a run of bad beats.

skoal2k4 02-25-2005 08:32 PM

I understand what you're trying to say, but I hope you don't seriously equate number of posts to poker experience

Isura 02-25-2005 08:33 PM

No, it only happens to you.

SoCalPat 02-25-2005 08:54 PM

I used to tell bad-beat stories early in my poker playing days when I thought people cared. Experience has taught me otherwise.

His third post was a bad-beat story. He's inexperienced, just like I was (and to a certain extent, still am). It's not a long walk off a short pier to come to that conclusion in this instance.

djl508 02-26-2005 01:32 AM

Wow you guys are all a bunch of ass clowns. I didn't know bad beat stories were illegal. How about you all quit posting your worthless questions about whether to reraise with aces or not. Morons

djl508 02-26-2005 01:33 AM

by the way thanks for all your insight on my questions. Just kidding