Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Poker Plex will now get all of my play (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=312052)

Tenacious A 08-10-2005 10:22 AM

Poker Plex will now get all of my play

Great news...Just in case you haven't seen the email yet...Whoever plays the most hands this Friday and Saturday at Poker Plex receives a free.....pen????? I wasn't sure that I wanted to play thousands of hands at Plex this weekend, but they cleared that up by saying "The fountain-pen is simply a must have".

How great would it be if poker rooms began offering better and better incentives to encourage play at their site...think what could be next...perhaps some scotch tape.

I think I'll play at Party and swipe a pen from the supply cabinet at work.

mcozzy1 08-10-2005 03:23 PM

Re: Poker Plex will now get all of my play

I wasn't sure if that e-mail was a joke or serious.

That's very generous of them. If you generate $2000 in rake for us this weekend, we'll hook you up with a pen.

Man, that would be a bummer to finish second in that race; to put in all that time and hard work and come up just short of the golden prize.

CrazyN8 08-10-2005 03:26 PM

I think it blinks on the end......well, that's what it looked like. If that's the case, then I'm in!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Patchmaster 08-10-2005 03:51 PM

The world is divided into two groups: those who understand and love fountain pens and those who think anyone who spends more than $1.98 on a pen is crazy. Those in the former group will appreciate that the Montblanc Star Walker fountain pen being given away by Poker Plex retails for over $350. (The only specific quote I could find was from a UK dealer at £205, which is $367 at current exchange rates.)

Tapin 08-10-2005 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The world is divided into two groups: those who understand and love fountain pens and those who think anyone who spends more than $1.98 on a pen is crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are the two groups you're going with, eh? Personally, I'd leave a little more room for shades of grey -- I'll spend up to four dollars on a pen, y'know?

Kidding (mostly) aside, how big do you think the overlap is on a Venn diagram with two circles: "People who like ridiculously overpriced pens" and "People willing to multitable online poker for 48 hours straight"?

Mike Haven 08-10-2005 05:20 PM

Please let me know if this is spam or criticism so I can delete or not.

CrazyN8 08-10-2005 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please let me know if this is spam or criticism so I can delete or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sensing lots of sarcasm (in the other post - not sure about yours) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

CrazyN8 08-10-2005 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The world is divided into two groups: those who understand and love fountain pens and those who think anyone who spends more than $1.98 on a pen is crazy. Those in the former group will appreciate that the Montblanc Star Walker fountain pen being given away by Poker Plex retails for over $350. (The only specific quote I could find was from a UK dealer at £205, which is $367 at current exchange rates.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I like a nice fountain pen (and I have a few - thanks to my mom) and all but playing 48+ hrs of poker to get one is not really what I had in mind. If you already had plans for this then it's win/win.

Tenacious A 08-10-2005 05:43 PM

Hi Mike,
Feel free to do with this thread as I did with the email I received from Poker Plex---delete. I fear that this raging fountain pen vs. bic debate could get deadly and I want no blood on my hands.

I'm not sure if your query was a joke, but I must really suck at spamming if that's what this is. Unless you think it's reverse spam--trying to get people to avoid Plex. If my sarcasm missed its mark that badly, then by all means delete.

TA

P.S. Patchmaster, I bet you use the two-ply toilet paper, don't you?

P.P.S. If you're paying $1.98 for a pen, you're gettting ripped off.

Mike Haven 08-10-2005 05:54 PM

Clever.

I think I won't delete it; then no one will know if I think it's spam, reverse spam, or criticism.

(No one except Granny, that is, of course.)

PS - Is Poker Plex a poker site?