Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   semibluff or fold? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=343971)

wheelz 09-25-2005 09:44 AM

semibluff or fold?

villain bought in short 2 hands ago, that's all i can tell you about him.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ?

cartman 09-25-2005 11:14 AM

Re: semibluff or fold?

This looks like a very clear fold to me, which means I must be missing something of you wouldn't have posted it. The pot is extremely small. If you had a read that he checks the flop when it misses him after raising preflop then it might be different.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Cartman

wheelz 09-25-2005 11:21 AM

me being results oriented.

more and more often i'm seeing PFR's check the flop legitimately.

gildwulf 09-25-2005 11:24 AM

The way you played this you have to fold. You have six-high (why did you defend your BB with 63s? I don't play 30/60 but this seems way too loose) in a very small pot. You have no read on your opponent. Don't be a hero. Just fold the turn.

Alobar 09-25-2005 11:29 AM

pretty easy fold IMO. Didnt you make a post not too long ago, about how you play well, and then a hand comes up where you put them in "full of [censored] mode" and ruin a session by spewing chips (if it wasnt you,then sorry), yeah, I think this is one of those times.

wheelz 09-25-2005 11:29 AM

my 6 high is double gutted.

yeah preflop... i think it was trix who posted a hand a while ago where he defended with 63s, and overall people liked a call. it was my first hand, i wanted to defend.

i really feel like i could make more if i was a hero a bit more often.

gildwulf 09-25-2005 11:31 AM

Oh, well if it's a double gut than you should totally call getting 2:1 with one card to come. Also if you pair a 6 or a 3 you have the nuts. Plus it's SOOOOTED.

Alobar 09-25-2005 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my 6 high is double gutted.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, I cant read the board

now I dunno. Why the eff would he check the flop tho? I dont think he has shite enough for it to work. But I dont play the 30 so I dunno how often your typical SB opener will check the flop out of fear. I think I still fold

wheelz 09-25-2005 11:33 AM

heh, that might've been me. i don't suffer from that much anymore though. this hand was my first one at the table.

i did post this hand after dropping a buy in though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

like i said, i'm just seeing a lot of legitimate flop checks lately.

wheelz 09-25-2005 11:35 AM

ok, but saying "you have six high" sounded to me like you might have misread the board (like alobar just did.)

there's quite a difference between having 6 high no draw and 6 high double gutted. i wanted to raise, not call.